|21st December 2016, 01:36 AM||#1|
Join Date: Dec 2016
Simple request from a super noob
I've been hacking a ROM for a few days and there are a fewwww things I would like to change to make my experience more entertaining.
Problem is that I'm a joke as a programmer, so I need aid!
1) There is this one event where a Gyarados shows up and I need to make it uncatchable. There is this other event that, of a Tentacruel, that I want to be catchable.
2) There is this one map that Pokémon simply won't spawn in that grass! Curiously, Advance Map tool clearly shows that species are available in that area.
3) Using YAPE, some Pokémon simply can't learn more moves... like Magikarp, that can only have 3. How to change that?
4) How do I set stats gain via level up? I have these stats based evolution that have to be very balanced to work.
Thank you all so much!
Last edited by Eichlig; 22nd December 2016 at 02:09 PM.
|12th January 2017, 08:50 PM||#2|
Reaching new heights
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ☆ • ○ ° ☾
1) I've actually been trying to figure this one out too, and unfortunately haven't found a definitive answer yet. So far the closest I can get is to lower the catch rate in YAPE as far down as it can go (either 1 or 0 I think) but no matter how low it gets, a Master Ball can still be used though.
2) Check to make sure that the grass tile you are using is the exact same tile with the same index number as the ones that are usually used on encounter maps. I think there are probably some grass tiles in the games that don't hold encounter triggering data, and are just for decoration. If this doesn't work, make sure that the encounter percentage slider in Advance Map is on a percent above 0. Many grass maps seem to use 7%, if I recall correctly.
3) In order to give additional moves to Pokémon in YAPE, apparently you must first remove some attacks from other Pokémon to make room for the new ones. For example, deleting Growl from Lapras so that you will be allowed to add Bite to Magikarp's move list.
4) As far as I can tell, stat gains in the game are dependent on the game's engine itself, so you may not be able to change the rates for a specific Pokémon. I may be wrong about this though, but I've never seen anyone manage to do this before. Maybe ASM hacking could accomplish this though.
Otherwise, the closest thing I can think of to do this would be to use YAPE (or another good editing program) to simply change the base stats of the evolutions of that Pokémon. Steelix, for example is always slower than an Onix of the same level, you can do this same thing in YAPE by changing the base stats.
Hopefully this helped.
My YouTube Channel
My Adventure Quest character
Stabilizing Pokemon Emerald (Preventing Corruption)
[Emerald] Controlling Trainer Battle Music... Without ASM.
How to Fix the 64K Save 'White-Screen' in VBA Without Save-States
Last edited by Sky0fBlades; 12th January 2017 at 08:53 PM.
|noob, request, simple, super, [Other]|