PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Homebrew & Coding > Coding Discussion

Coding Discussion Discuss programming and coding and get help here.

Old 16th December 2013, 03:57 AM   #1
Full Metal ★
Unstable?
Ex-StaffPHO VIP

Full Metal ★ Full Metal ★
Default Python Programming

Python Programming

Introduction:
This is a planned series of tutorial in which I will be hosting a hangout on Google+ teaching Python programming. Anybody is completely welcome to join these hangouts, ask questions, etc. The environment is intended to be informal, and friendly. If you have a question, no matter how silly, ask it! Bare in mind, however, that I do reserve the rights / intentions / means to moderate and will kick you out of the hangout if you start turning the discussion in a negative, inappropriate, or off topic direction.
Hangout Series One

In this hangout, we cover very rough basics about python. Namely variable assignment, and code blocks. We also touch on strings, lists, and tuple objects. I apologize for having a terrible mic. I have a better one, and I'll plug it in next time rather than use the built-in one on my chromebook.

Like my videos? Subscribe to me on youtube! I post things besides Hangouts, too.

I will hopefully set up either a twitter account, or some sort of mechanism to relay details on when a hangout is planned to happen, or is starting within an hour so that people can prepare to join or watch as soon as it happens.

★ full metal.

#busy

Last edited by Full Metal ★; 16th December 2013 at 04:01 AM.
Full Metal ★ is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes mewthree9000, Elsa liked this post
Sponsored Links
Old 16th December 2013, 12:49 PM   #2
Elsa
Let it go!
PHO VIP

Elsa

Very nice, FM!
When I have some time, I will definitely be watching this
(And you earned yourself a sub)

- - - - - - - Elsa - - - - - - -
Twitter | YouTube | Steam | Twitch
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Elsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2013, 05:39 PM   #3
mewthree9000
What does this button do?.....

mewthree9000 mewthree9000

I have no idea what is going on in this video XD
Gotta Hack'em All!!

My current projects:
-Pokemon ChaosBlack[v2]
-!!Elite FireRed ROM Base!!
mewthree9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2013, 07:41 PM   #4
Miksy91
Gotta fill something here.

Miksy91

Hmm... I might even check this out although I don't think I'll be needing Python, at least in near future.

Anyways, if it can even be explained briefly, what kind of benefits would you see comparing Python to Java for instance?
Old 16th December 2013, 11:33 PM   #5
Ketsuban
n00b

Ketsuban

The thing that first attracted me to Python was the fact that it's very easy to write clean code. There's no braces to permit sloppy indenting which fools the eye into thinking control flow is different to how it actually is. That's not to say you can't write ugly code in Python, but a lot of the tricks you'll see in obfuscated C or Perl which take advantage of syntactic ambiguity just don't work.
Ketsuban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2013, 11:36 PM   #6
Full Metal ★
Unstable?
Ex-StaffPHO VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miksy91 View Post
Hmm... I might even check this out although I don't think I'll be needing Python, at least in near future.

Anyways, if it can even be explained briefly, what kind of benefits would you see comparing Python to Java for instance?
Tune in next time to find out. ;3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketsuban View Post
The thing that first attracted me to Python was the fact that it's very easy to write clean code. There's no braces to permit sloppy indenting which fools the eye into thinking control flow is different to how it actually is. That's not to say you can't write ugly code in Python, but a lot of the tricks you'll see in obfuscated C or Perl which take advantage of syntactic ambiguity just don't work.
That's one of the things that repulsed me at first, but as time goes on, I've learned to love it.

★ full metal.

#busy
Likes Miksy91 liked this post
Old 16th December 2013, 11:53 PM   #7
Alice
ClariS <3
Style AdminstratorPHO VIPSuper Moderator

Alice Alice

I might join in with this next time. Though then all your questions about me would be answered

Looks cool though, I'm looking forward to seeing the advantages of this over Java

"I dreamt that you were a dog. And the dog was my husband. Anyway, it was the worst dream ever." — Aisaka Taiga
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2013, 09:23 PM   #8
daniilS
VIP
PHO VIP

daniilS

A friend if mine is a huge favour of Python, while another guy I know says it's too simple and not meant for advanced puritans and stuff. I want to firm my own opinion, so I may tune in next time. Someone should do something like this about Java, because although I know the basics, I really lack the motivation to continue learning it. When is episode two planned?
daniilS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2013, 10:50 PM   #9
Full Metal ★
Unstable?
Ex-StaffPHO VIP

I'm thinking this Thursday. Who all will be available?

★ full metal.

#busy
Old 17th December 2013, 11:39 PM   #10
Alice
ClariS <3
Style AdminstratorPHO VIPSuper Moderator

Alice Alice

I should be, just depends on time. Thursday is my last day of College, so I wont even have any assignments to do (woo)

"I dreamt that you were a dog. And the dog was my husband. Anyway, it was the worst dream ever." — Aisaka Taiga
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
programming, python, [Tutorial]