PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Other Generations Hacking > ROM Hack Projects

ROM Hack Projects Find and play great Pokémon ROM Hacks here, or post your own hack project.
Note: This is not a place to recruit members for a team.

Old 7th October 2014, 10:59 PM   #21
heinoctash
n00b

heinoctash

Hello, RichterSnipes. I just tried your Pokemon FireRed Throwback v3.8.2 and really loved it!

However, I'm not sure if anyone already told you this, but I found several glitch so far. By the way, I tested this on Emulator(VBA).

The first is, when I tried to obtain certain items on the ground. My game suddenly freeze after I pressed A button to pick it up.
This happened in two locations : In the Safari Zone near the Rest house and Two Island at southern part of town.
And the second is, I cannot 'cut' some trees in Five Island Meadow even though I bring a pokemon with this move. So it's not possible to obtain item behind the tree.

Regardless, I really appreciate your hard work and hope for the best for your project

Good day.
heinoctash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 15th November 2014, 02:00 AM   #22
RichterSnipes
*noise a whip makes*

RichterSnipes
Default Version 3.8.3 Now Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinoctash View Post
Hello, RichterSnipes. I just tried your Pokemon FireRed Throwback v3.8.2 and really loved it!

However, I'm not sure if anyone already told you this, but I found several glitch so far. By the way, I tested this on Emulator(VBA).

The first is, when I tried to obtain certain items on the ground. My game suddenly freeze after I pressed A button to pick it up.
This happened in two locations : In the Safari Zone near the Rest house and Two Island at southern part of town.
And the second is, I cannot 'cut' some trees in Five Island Meadow even though I bring a pokemon with this move. So it's not possible to obtain item behind the tree.

Regardless, I really appreciate your hard work and hope for the best for your project

Good day.
I'm really late on this one. Truly sorry about that.

Thanks for playing my hack! I checked out the bugs that you mentioned and can confirm them. The good news? I just fixed all of them! Check out the first post for the fixed, updated download for version 3.8.3. The updated version also includes a couple of other fixes, as well as a nifty addition to skip the intro tutorials courtesy of diegoisawesome (FireRed only).

I hope anyone and everyone checking out my hack has fun with it! I always appreciate the feedback, both bug fixes and in general.
RichterSnipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2014, 10:26 AM   #23
Hakon
Don't ever give up!

Hakon

Hey dude, I LOVE THIS HACK!!
Just wanted to give you a few ideas for the hack:
1. I know you don't want to stray too far off the normal game but megas are always a good addition to the game and get you plenty more people playing it. The stat boost feels so good haha
2. Maybe increase the difficulty a bit. A difficulty boost will be a little more engaging
Again, I love this hack and even without these changes I will still love it
Hakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2014, 10:26 PM   #24
RichterSnipes
*noise a whip makes*

RichterSnipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakon View Post
Hey dude, I LOVE THIS HACK!!
Just wanted to give you a few ideas for the hack:
1. I know you don't want to stray too far off the normal game but megas are always a good addition to the game and get you plenty more people playing it. The stat boost feels so good haha
2. Maybe increase the difficulty a bit. A difficulty boost will be a little more engaging
Again, I love this hack and even without these changes I will still love it
Hey, glad you enjoyed it! Like you said, I'm largely about keeping the core game the same. However, I'm always open to adding extra things from later generations so long as they don't mess with the original game/story and the core battle mechanics are untouched.
  1. Yeah, Mega Evolutions seem to be all the rage nowadays. The problem with making any battle mechanic changes is that I want my hack to remain compatible with the officially released games for link battles and the like. If I was to include Megas and use one in battle against someone who was playing a vanilla copy of Emerald, the effect on the game would be different between the two. Throwback would show the change properly at first, whereas Emerald would freak out not knowing what to do. When the two games sync statuses to one another, things will get wonky.

I would consider adding them, and other changes to battle mechanics, into the game if there was a way to 1) allow them to be an option to enable in-game by the player, and 2) make competitive battles automatically disable the feature. It's the same reason why you won't see the hack use the Physical/Special split or the Fairy-type.

Of course, then there'd be the issue of making sprites for all the Mega Evolutions. Obviously no official sprites for them exist, so brand new ones would have to be implemented. I don't know how I'd feel about including those that others have made, especially since most of the custom ones I've seen around haven't looked authentic enough for me to feel comfortable with.

2. The game's difficulty is as it is. It might be easy enough for more avid RPG players, but hey. That's just how Pokémon is. I might have aspirations to include something else into the game that's harder than the base game, but I'd never change the base game's difficulty beyond what the official one is at.
BTW, I'm not too terribly concerned with how many people play my hack. I knew going into this that not many would play it compared to other Pokémon hacks. When people want to modify these games, it's because they more than likely want a different experience. Whether that be a brand new game entirely or difficulty/Pokémon availability changes, they'd rather have that than what they've already likely played to death. As I said before, that's just how Pokémon is. Games in other franchises might give more attention to these kinds of works, but it's nothing more than a small blip in the ocean for a series with as large a modding community as this one.

I'm keeping this hack going because the world deserves the best base version of the Gen 1 games as possible. In fact, in an ideal world, every game that has ever existed should have this kind of treatment. Well, not necessarily "my" treatment, as I'd be happy to let someone else improve the game if they have the ambition and ability (beyond my meager skills) to do so.
Old 21st December 2014, 06:04 PM   #25
RichterSnipes
*noise a whip makes*

RichterSnipes

'Tis the season for an update! Sorry for the radio silence. I've been busy with life things. Anyways, here's the next version of Throwback for you all. I changed quite a bit in the last two weeks, and I'm rather satisfied with how it all turned out.

Make sure to patch the update to a clean ROM before you begin/continue your journey. Enjoy!

Changes:

Extras
  • TMs are now properly infinite. They also cannot be sold or given to Pokémon anymore. Courtesy of FBI agent.
  • As a result of the above, the Celadon Department Store does not sell TMs anymore. TM15 (Hyper Beam) is now a prize at the Celadon Game Corner (5,500 Coins). TM23 (Iron Tail) is now in Seafoam Islands. TM10 (Hidden Power) is in the Sevault Canyon and is no longer obtainable using the Pickup ability; it's been replaced by Full Restore.
  • Pokémon no longer faint if their health fully depletes from poison on the overworld. This replicates how poisoning is handled in Gen IV. Courtesy of daniilS.
  • Professor Oak no longer tells you how to battle in your first Pokémon fight against your rival.
  • Mt. Moon's 2nd level has been fixed in FireRed. Both versions of the patch also see the floor have a slight adjustment in layout to make more geographical sense.
  • Ported the skipping intro text before Professor Oak behavior to LeafGreen.
  • The title screen now lasts for a full minute before returning to the copyright screen.
  • Made the repel message prompt consistent with the current games.
  • Fixed the Extras patch in general. Previously it contained both the complete patch and higher quality cries. It works as it should again.
  • Code cleanup.
Catch 'em All
  • Implemented Shiny Quagsire's edits to the RTC routine. Prior bugs from it, particularly trading with other players, have been fixed.
  • Edited hold items of wild Pokémon. Refer to the Event Guide to see which Pokémon can hold what trade evolve item in the wild.
  • Super Nerd Miguel now disappears from Mt. Moon after taking one of the fossils.
GB Player
  • The TM/HM obtained and starter obtained jingles now play properly again.
Likes Cruztown liked this post
Old 3rd March 2015, 09:19 PM   #26
RichterSnipes
*noise a whip makes*

RichterSnipes
Default Version 3.9.1 Now Available

I've now updated the hack to version 3.9.1. Among other things, it fixes the TM use issue people have been encountering. Thanks to FBI agent for the fix.

Extras:
  • Fixed the TM usage issue when teaching a Pokémon a TM with less than four known moves.
  • Removed all instances in which the game states or implies that TMs are one-time use.
  • Fixed some item/TM obtained fanfares that were still playing the Level Up jingle.
  • Fixed the Infinite Nugget Glitch at Nugget Bridge.
Decapitalization:
  • Removed a few stray instances of accidentally-capitalized terms. This mostly applies to the whole Throwback patch, as the majority of caps issues involved new scripts not part of the vanilla game.
Old 22nd August 2016, 11:54 PM   #27
RichterSnipes
*noise a whip makes*

RichterSnipes
Default Version 3.9.1d Now Available

Someone informed me on a pretty nasty bug in the Catch 'em All portion of the hack. I've uploaded a fix for it in the first post.

Catch 'em All:
  • Fixed bug where the Trainer Tower Owner would only award you a Chikorita (or nothing) regardless of which Trainer Tower mode you completed.
Old 27th April 2017, 10:28 PM   #28
wok
n00b

wok

looks nice. continue what you're doing please. this game looks awesome.
i can't wait to try it! just registered for that reason.

could you please make another link for the download? can't find it.
this game looks cool, i can't wiait to try it.

Last edited by Sky0fBlades; 28th April 2017 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Merged unwarranted double-post
wok is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
definitive, experience, firered, fr or lg, kanto, pokemon, throwback, [GBA]