PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Generation I/II Hacking > Guides & Documentation

Guides & Documentation Have a tutorial or a document to share? Post it here.

User Tag List

Old 2nd January 2016, 01:53 AM   #21
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Mateo Mateo Mateo Mateo Mateo

It means you're trying to put too much stuff in bank D, so you need to move something out.

"I'm gonna, uh, demonstrate the hot moves..." - Flannery
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 18th January 2016, 10:12 PM   #22
narabuster
n00b

narabuster

Hi everyone!

I'm not really sure if this is the right place to ask (so sorry if it isn't!), but since it's dealing with the pokered disassembly, I feel like I should ask here.

Is there a way to change the Marowak encounter in the 2nd to last floor of Pokemon Tower to instead trigger the Agatha battle? I know it's definitely possible, and that it involves altering the PokemonTower6 file in the scripts folder, but other than that, it's still kinda new to me.
narabuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2016, 04:35 AM   #23
infinest
n00b

infinest

So first thing i've tried after setting this up is adding a new template pokemon to the game. I've either tried replacing the pokedex slots of an existing Missigno and completely adding a new slot. It all works the way it should ( sprite pallete, name, cry, pokedex number and text ) except everything given in the basestats file.
I've added this line to base_stats.asm
INCLUDE "data/baseStats/template.asm"
and this is my template.asm
Code:
db DEX_TEMPLATE ; pokedex id
db 45 ; base hp
db 49 ; base attack
db 49 ; base defense
db 45 ; base speed
db 65 ; base special
db GRASS ; species type 1
db POISON ; species type 2
db 45 ; catch rate
db 64 ; base exp yield
INCBIN "pic/bmon/template.pic",0,1 ; 55, sprite dimensions
dw TemplatePicFront
dw TemplatePicBack
; attacks known at lvl 0
db TACKLE
db GROWL
db 0
db 0
db 3 ; growth rate
; learnset
	tmlearn 3,6,8
	tmlearn 9,10
	tmlearn 20,21,22
	tmlearn 31,32
	tmlearn 33,34
	tmlearn 44
	tmlearn 50,51
db 0 ; padding
i've added a new bank in the main.asm where i load the sprites for the template.

Even though i did all this the built game then seems to load random data as if it was a Missingno. The pokemon i get has garbled sprite data, glitched moveset (TM37) and is always Normal type. The name it has is correct though as is the Pokedex data.

Is there something i'm missing because i've been searching around for hours already and it just seems im too stupid to figure it out on my own...
infinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2016, 01:57 AM   #24
jox
n00b

jox

Hello! I am using pokered and was wondering if anyone knows how to change which music piece plays (specifically during Oak's speech, but the solution might be the same for all).

In the file engine/oak_speech.asm, there is a part that loads and plays the "Music_Routes2" which is listed in the audio/headers/musicheaders1.asm file. If you change the code in oak_speech.asm to any of the "Music_Routes1/2/3/4" from the same musicheaders file, it works and that music successfully plays during Oak's speech. However, changing it to for example "Music_IndigoPlateau" (which is also in musicheaders1) does not compile correctly, saying that the music can't be found.

Changing it to music from other musicheader files (I wanted the SilphCo music which is listed in musicheaders3.asm) does not work either as far as I can tell, though I don't know if it matters which musicheader file it is in, since it won't play the IndigoPlateau from the same Routes file either.

So, would anyone know how to get Oak's speech to play other tunes?
jox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2016, 03:21 PM   #25
daMoose52
n00b

daMoose52

You may need to load a separate bank; if those four tracks are in the same bank, they'll load fine but if the other track is in another bank it wont. I just did this in a script:

Code:
    ld c, Bank(Music_Dungeon1)
    ld a, MUSIC_DUNGEON1
    call PlayMusic
daMoose52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2016, 01:17 PM   #26
ApolloMaster
n00b

ApolloMaster

I'm about to go insane trying this.
I'm on windows 7, and cygwin keeps giving me "bash: easy_install: command not found" even after i tried the solution on the second page!
Please help!
Edit: I forgot to mention that trying to use the solution on the second page gives me a syntax error before i can finish the command.

Last edited by ApolloMaster; 8th August 2016 at 01:19 PM. Reason: I forgot something
ApolloMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2016, 02:40 PM   #27
Pia Carrot
Orange Developer
Administrator

Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot

If you are having trouble installing please refer to shantytown's video guide. I am sorry, the information presented here is outdated and misleading. I will be rewriting this guide entirely soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYyt...txokM41XAmDahu

I'm a boob
Pia Carrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2017, 05:53 PM   #28
ProPokemonHacker64
Hoenn Champion, Kanto Champion

ProPokemonHacker64
Exclamation Problem with the thing...

Hey there, I tried to make a hack to play as female trainer in red to start, but i get this. I don't know how to fix it! So I need some help. The details are here.
Owner@[CENSORED FOR PRIVACY] ~/pokered
$ make
rgbasm -D _RED -h -o main_red.o main.asm
rgblink -n pokered.sym -o pokered.gbc audio_red.o main_red.o text_red.o wram_red.o
C:\cygwin64\usr\local\bin\rgblink.exe: Unknown symbol 'wd798'
make: *** [Makefile:47: pokered.gbc] Error 1
ProPokemonHacker64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2017, 02:15 AM   #29
Pope
n00b

Pope

I'm having problems with colors right out the gate. I've tried replacing the Prof. Oak sprite with one that I made; all of the dimensions work perfectly as well as each color EXCEPT for the lighter grey which has the qualities in mspaint as follows:

Hue: 160
Sat: 0
Lum: 160
R: 170
B: 170
G: 170

As soon as I hit $ make it gives me a warning for every single pixel of the lighter grey:

WARNING: <open file 'pic/trainer/prof.oak.png', mode 'rb' at 0xffced288>: Color {'a': 255, 'r': 170, 'b': 170, 'g': 170} truncated to {'a': 255, 'r': 0, 'b': 0, 'g': 0}

Then, when I play the ROM, each pixel of that lighter grey has turned black.

Now what confuses me is that this is the exact same grey (as far as I can tell) that all of the other trainer sprites have in the /pic/trainers folder.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2017, 02:23 AM   #30
Pia Carrot
Orange Developer
Administrator

Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope View Post
I'm having problems with colors right out the gate. I've tried replacing the Prof. Oak sprite with one that I made; all of the dimensions work perfectly as well as each color EXCEPT for the lighter grey which has the qualities in mspaint as follows:

Hue: 160
Sat: 0
Lum: 160
R: 170
B: 170
G: 170

As soon as I hit $ make it gives me a warning for every single pixel of the lighter grey:

WARNING: <open file 'pic/trainer/prof.oak.png', mode 'rb' at 0xffced288>: Color {'a': 255, 'r': 170, 'b': 170, 'g': 170} truncated to {'a': 255, 'r': 0, 'b': 0, 'g': 0}

Then, when I play the ROM, each pixel of that lighter grey has turned black.

Now what confuses me is that this is the exact same grey (as far as I can tell) that all of the other trainer sprites have in the /pic/trainers folder.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Try opening the file in Irfanview and decoloring the palette to 4 colors, then you can go to Image > Palette > Edit Palette and fix the values.

I'm a boob
Pia Carrot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dummies, pokered, wip, [Guide]