PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Other Generations Hacking > Tools, Utilities & Resources

Tools, Utilities & Resources Get tools that help you create and ease the process of creating and modifying. Share resources for people to use in their hack.

Old 28th November 2014, 09:55 AM   #1
diegoisawesome
Working on Shining Opal, kinda
Ex-Staff

diegoisawesome
Default GBA Intro Manager

GBA Intro Manager

Features:

This program can edit almost anything about the intro sequences of any 3rd generation Pokémon game, from the music played to the position where the player spawns.

Some notable inclusions are a proper truck removal patch and the fact that not only the image but the cry of the professor's Pokémon are changed. It also includes many of my older patches right inside, such as the gender choice skip, and the "intro enhancement" patches that allow for the X and Y positions of the starting position be changed.

Best of all, though, is that it's safe to use. I've seen other intro managers that do really unsafe things, like replace a "mov r1, #0x0" instruction in order to fit in more possibilities of Pokémon IDs. This one works around these issues when it can, but avoids them entirely when it's not easily doable.

Download:

https://github.com/diegoisawesome/GB...eleases/latest
This program requires .NET version 4.0 or higher.
Also, I'm really sorry for not releasing this as a multi-platform program, but I used C# and .NET to make it, so multi-platform compatibility isn't easy.

Credits:

Jambo51 - Used some of his Trainer Editor source for stuff like INI reading and game text-reading.
colcolstyles - For the discovery of the "seconds on the title screen" value.
xGal - For writing the tutorial that I used to start this foray into the world of hack tool creation.

Last edited by diegoisawesome; 14th December 2014 at 09:05 AM.
diegoisawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 29th November 2014, 11:42 AM   #2
sky_queen3
Neophyte

sky_queen3

This looks awesome, have to give it a try.

sky_queen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2014, 09:05 AM   #3
diegoisawesome
Ex-Staff

diegoisawesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky_queen3 View Post
This looks awesome, have to give it a try.
Thanks!

GBA Intro Manager v0.1.0

Today, GBA Intro Manager has been updated to v0.1.0. The major change in this version is the inclusion of a rival naming sequence remover! Download it from the first post, and please report any bugs.
Old 14th December 2014, 03:36 PM   #4
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Mateo Mateo Mateo Mateo Mateo

I forgot to comment at the time when I liked the post, but I went ahead and downloaded this and I can already tell it's going to come in handy once I finish Christmas and can get started on this Emerald hack I have planned. I can't help but wonder what other neat tools you might have in the future.

"I'm gonna, uh, demonstrate the hot moves..." - Flannery
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2014, 10:57 PM   #5
diegoisawesome
Ex-Staff

diegoisawesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
I forgot to comment at the time when I liked the post, but I went ahead and downloaded this and I can already tell it's going to come in handy once I finish Christmas and can get started on this Emerald hack I have planned. I can't help but wonder what other neat tools you might have in the future.
Thanks! As for future tools, I don't really know. I'm helping out with MEH though, so there's that.

I just updated the tool to v0.1.1, fixing a small bug where the comboboxes could try to load a value too big for them. Download from the first post!
Likes sky_queen3, Mateo liked this post
Old 15th December 2014, 12:03 AM   #6
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Mateo Mateo Mateo Mateo Mateo

Downloaded the new version now. Also, I know this is slightly offtopic but since you're working on it, how far along is MEH these days?

"I'm gonna, uh, demonstrate the hot moves..." - Flannery
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2015, 07:42 PM   #7
diegoisawesome
Ex-Staff

diegoisawesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
Downloaded the new version now. Also, I know this is slightly offtopic but since you're working on it, how far along is MEH these days?
I haven't been adding any new functionality, but I've fixed a lot of bugs in the code.

Also, small update to v0.1.2 - There was an error that would cause RSE ROMs to become corrupted when unlocking their starting positions. That has now been fixed and the most recent version can be downloaded from the first post.
Likes Mateo liked this post
Old 27th September 2015, 12:24 AM   #8
SirZexx
Mapper

SirZexx

Sweet tool abt to try it out

Tags
gba, intro, manager, [Editor]