PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Discussion > ROM Hacking Discussion

ROM Hacking Discussion General ROM Hacking discussion.

User Tag List

Old 28th June 2015, 07:55 PM   #1
StarsMmd
Neophyte

StarsMmd
Default Pokemon XD Hacking Ideas?

So as you may or may not know, I'm working on the first pokemon XD hack. I don't know how many people are still interested in XD as the colosseum series was pretty love/hate but for anyone who is, what kinds of things would people be interested to see in a pokemon XD hack? For example, which shadow pokemon would you love to see?
StarsMmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 28th June 2015, 09:12 PM   #2
Pia Carrot
Orange Developer
Administrator

Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot

I saw your other thread and I'd like to say what you are doing is awesome and I appreciate you sharing your knowledge.

On topic, I'd love to see more Pokemon added, even if it meant removing the compatibility to the GBA games. Models from other games could probably be used, although the conversion might be a Herculean task on its own.

Also, Shadow Celebi. Yeah.

I'm a boob
Pia Carrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2015, 09:59 PM   #3
StarsMmd
Neophyte

StarsMmd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pia Carrot View Post
I saw your other thread and I'd like to say what you are doing is awesome and I appreciate you sharing your knowledge.

On topic, I'd love to see more Pokemon added, even if it meant removing the compatibility to the GBA games. Models from other games could probably be used, although the conversion might be a Herculean task on its own.

Also, Shadow Celebi. Yeah.
Thanks a lot for the kind words. They're much appreciated.

I can't wait until we can add new pokemon as well! Unfortunately that's still a little while away. There is no information on the colosseum/xd model formats at all and I've been looking into them but I have no knowledge of modelling. I feel like all it will take is just one or two people with the required experience gaining enough interest.

I've already got things like the physical/special split and the fairy type in so there's already a lot of play with until then
Old 5th July 2015, 10:30 AM   #4
Banjora Marxvile
They see me rollin'
Ex-Staff

Banjora Marxvile

Just curious, but from vision alone, would the models and stuff from Battle Revolution be able to be ported into Colosseum/XD seeing as they look similar? I'm not very technical, but was curious.

Hey, my name is Banjora Marxvile.
I am the Moderator of the ROM Hacks section on this site.
If you have any questions or anything you want tto ask, please don't hesitate.
Banjora Marxvile is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Elsa liked this post
Old 6th July 2015, 11:40 PM   #5
StarsMmd
Neophyte

StarsMmd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjora Marxvile View Post
Just curious, but from vision alone, would the models and stuff from Battle Revolution be able to be ported into Colosseum/XD seeing as they look similar? I'm not very technical, but was curious.
Well I've looked through both file formats quite extensively and the short answer is no.

They're in different formats. You would need to reverse engineer the colo/xd formats as well as the pbr format (which has actually been done) and then write some code that can convert the pbr format to the colo/xd format.

I have the source code for a program that converts pbr models so they can be viewed in blender but that's as far as it goes right now.

I'm sure it will happen eventually though! Colo/XD hacking is still young.
Likes Elsa liked this post
Old 9th July 2015, 10:06 PM   #6
MrTommo999
Neophyte

MrTommo999

the one thing i want to do in Colo/XD is randomize the shadow pokemon and even maybe the other pokemon that player has.
Old 10th July 2015, 12:51 AM   #7
StarsMmd
Neophyte

StarsMmd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTommo999 View Post
the one thing i want to do in Colo/XD is randomize the shadow pokemon and even maybe the other pokemon that player has.
A randomiser would be pretty cool. The knowledge required to make one is available but there's a lot of compression and stuff to deal with. I may randomise a few different versions myself and release them as patches if people would like that.
Old 17th July 2015, 06:56 PM   #8
765Craven
Jack of All Trades

765Craven
Default I'm very interested in this project.

This seems like a very good idea, I would like to know if you've been able to change the player's model or anything like that. Another thing that could be very interesting is starter options besides Eevee if anyone wants to use something other than an Eevee evolution (I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to use one though). I look forward to seeing this project progress, good luck.
765Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2015, 08:43 PM   #9
StarsMmd
Neophyte

StarsMmd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 765Craven View Post
This seems like a very good idea, I would like to know if you've been able to change the player's model or anything like that. Another thing that could be very interesting is starter options besides Eevee if anyone wants to use something other than an Eevee evolution (I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to use one though). I look forward to seeing this project progress, good luck.
Well the model formats are almost identical for colosseum and XD so I have attempted to copy a model from one to the other but the game crashed. In theory it should be simple to do something like changing michael's model to wes' from colosseum but I didnt spend that much time on it. Maybe I'll take another look.

Also changing the starter is very easy and it's even easy to have 2 starters. However like you said eevee is very versatile as a starter. I was thinking maybe going down the two starters route with eevee and something else but not sure what would pair well with it.
Old 19th July 2015, 04:42 PM   #10
Bauerklos
Music Hacking Master

Bauerklos

What music files does Colosseum use? I might be able to make new music for your hack if the game uses streamed audio files since I have the sound resources Colosseum uses.

Edit: Or if anything I can actually remaster the tracks from Colosseum to fit an HQ/Gen. 6 style.
Bauerklos is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Pia Carrot liked this post

Tags
hacking, ideas, pokemon