PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Central PHO > Welcomes

Welcomes If you've just joined the forums, or maybe you're a returning veteran, you can welcome yourself here to the rest of the community.

Old 2nd September 2016, 12:41 AM   #1
N64 Arctus
Hero of Nintendo 64s

N64 Arctus
Send a message via Skype™ to N64 Arctus
Default Hello, I suppose

Hello. I am Arctus, I joined a little over a month ago, and I mostly hack Mario Kart DS and New Super Mario Bros on DS, and I think it was back in late 2012, that I started my own Pokemon Emerald hack, and of course, I knew nothing about how to replace tile graphics, music hacking, or hex editing back then, but the one thing I did somewhat know how to do, was modify a map in Advance Map.

Although, through my experiences with MKDS and NSMB, I figured out how hex works for myself, and that you are supposed to replace the instruments in a midi that you are using for a music hack, with the instruments that are used by the song you are replacing(at least in the case of the NDS sseq files), which also seems to hold true for GBA music hacking.

Though, I only just recently figured out how to edit tile graphics for the GBA Pokemon games, and I decided to make a static test tileset using the tiles from Pokemon Gold and Silver as a base. And it works in-game for the most part, all that really needs to be finished right now are the tile behaviors.

And that is pretty much a short run-through of my experience with ROM hacking.
N64 Arctus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 15th September 2016, 10:29 AM   #2
Pankajblitz
Taiyoh!

Pankajblitz

Hi there N64 Arctus.
Welcome to PHO.
Since you are hacking EMERALD, There might be useful stuff around Tools, Utilities & Resources forum or check out Guides & Documentation for tutorials. And good luck with your hack.
Pankajblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2016, 09:35 PM   #3
N64 Arctus
Hero of Nintendo 64s

N64 Arctus
Send a message via Skype™ to N64 Arctus

Well, recently(as in, about 4 days ago), I decided that I would switch over to hacking FireRed, since I think I remember reading something about Emerald being pretty unstable when it comes to editing certain things, and the fact that FireRed has a little bit more that can be modified, such as the world map, coupled with the slightly less complicated story(which would make it less of a chore to hack, story-wise).
"All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu. This is the truth!"
N64 Arctus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suppose