PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Other Generations Hacking > Tools, Utilities & Resources > Graphics, Music & Patches

Graphics, Music & Patches Browse a collection of Sounds, Sprites, Tiles and other resources for public use including Tools & Utilities for hacking various ROMs.

Closed Thread

Old 6th June 2010, 04:33 AM   #21
Full Metal ★
Unstable?
Ex-StaffPHO VIP

Full Metal ★ Full Metal ★

ok, just to clarify things:
I agree with the brightness of the palettes; they are already changed, i just haven't updated screenies.
If and when we have all the mapping done, I will replace pokemon with sinnoh pokemon. I'm not sure which pokemons to use though....
And yes, the progress made on this will be documented on my blog as it is done, and with each update, a patch will be uploaded of what it currently looks like.

★ full metal.

#busy
Sponsored Links
Old 6th June 2010, 12:19 PM   #22
Fireworks
Getting there...

Fireworks is on a distinguished road

you don't have to replace pokemon -.-
gamer can add new pokemon without replacing...
Old 6th June 2010, 12:46 PM   #23
Abnegation
-
Ex-Staff

Abnegation is on a distinguished road

Anything but Kyle's new Sinnoh tiles as Manipulation pointed out are a no no. Personally, I would not use a base with the tiles you presented earlier. But good luck with the project, it's ambitious buuut... Not too keen on the idea of there being a ROM base with an entire region mapped out, all tiles inserted, new pokemon etc. It takes out all the originality of a hack if it were to be overused. Though scripting often makes a hack great, you might as well just make good scripts in a plain FR rom without changing any maps, that's primarily what this ROM base is going to be like.
What you should do is add in tiles, add new pokemon, point cries and some graphics here and there, maps are pointless.

My negativity aside, best of luck with the project, it'll be a lot of work.
Old 6th June 2010, 04:08 PM   #24
Gamer2020
What does this button do?.....
PHO VIP

Gamer2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by altariaking View Post
you don't have to replace pokemon -.-
Gamer2020(-_-) can add new pokemon without replacing...
Well I would be doing that on my own...
It's not like I want to contribute to this...
I don't like the palettes...
Old 6th June 2010, 04:56 PM   #25
Full Metal ★
Unstable?
Ex-StaffPHO VIP

lol guys. really, the (new) kyledove sinnoh tiles are inserted (the ones that manipulation pointed out, thanks bud ^^) and gamer2020, can you insert without replacing, as in, not useing the 'extra' slots somehow? if so, please share
@winter- well, thats kinda the idea. people will stop putting kyledove's tiles, and sinnoh pokemon/region as a 'feature' in their hack this way. because, its become easy for everyone to have. Then, to make their hacks stand out, users will actually invest in a good story, and scripts for their hack ^^
thank you for all the support you guys
also, the blog has been updated with screenies, and current progress of the ROM base. I have a friend, who is really new to hacking who is helping with some of the routes. I've not 'touched up' all of his maps (you'll notice things like the edges of trees are missing) because i've not had the time. I'm going to be out of town a lot (and thus, away from hacking) so yea...

★ full metal.

#busy
Old 6th June 2010, 06:18 PM   #26
Gamer2020
PHO VIP

Gamer2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by full metal View Post
lol guys. really, the (new) kyledove sinnoh tiles are inserted (the ones that manipulation pointed out, thanks bud ^^) and Gamer2020 (-_-), can you insert without replacing, as in, not useing the 'extra' slots somehow? if so, please share :D
@winter- well, thats kinda the idea. people will stop putting kyledove's tiles, and sinnoh pokemon/region as a 'feature' in their hack this way. because, its become easy for everyone to have. Then, to make their hacks stand out, users will actually invest in a good story, and scripts for their hack ^^
thank you for all the support you guys :D
also, the blog has been updated with screenies, and current progress of the ROM base. I have a friend, who is really new to hacking who is helping with some of the routes. I've not 'touched up' all of his maps (you'll notice things like the edges of trees are missing) because i've not had the time. I'm going to be out of town a lot (and thus, away from hacking) so yea...
The research is out there but incomplete. I really don't feel like looking for a link right now.
Old 6th June 2010, 09:23 PM   #27
Full Metal ★
Unstable?
Ex-StaffPHO VIP

ok, well, when u can, can i have the link? (not afraid of hex workshop if that matters)
also, is everyone in agreement of the current tiles? i cant decide if i want a new mountain or not, i like the one we have now....should i also rip those buildings?

★ full metal.

#busy
Old 6th June 2010, 09:55 PM   #28
Fireworks
Getting there...

Fireworks is on a distinguished road

yes.

could i please have a link too? (not afraid of translhextion if it matters) wait, doesn't this rombase mean i sorta have competition?
Old 6th June 2010, 10:06 PM   #29
Gamer2020
PHO VIP

Gamer2020

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=185257 *Spits*

Just look through that. You will need ASM knowledge to finish what's not on there though :P

Warn me before you start adding Pokemon so I can download the patch...
Old 7th June 2010, 07:57 PM   #30
NinStarPony
n00b

NinStarPony is on a distinguished road

That map of the first few areas is amazing.
Nice work on it.

Tags
project, sinnoh