PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Hacking Suite > Archived Hacks

Notices

Archived Hacks Any In Development hacks that have had no activity in at least 1.5 years are here. If a hack of yours is in here and you'd like it restored, PM a member of the Mod team.

User Tag List

Old 19th November 2013, 07:49 AM   #1
Cruztown
Fish are cool

Cruztown
Default Pokémon: Eccentric Emerald

Pokémon: Eccentric Emerald Version

New Patch Out!

Hey there everyone! I'm here today with a little patch of my own designs and desires: Eccentric Emerald! After looking around, I couldn't quite find a patch that could spice up Pokémon Emerald for me. As such, I took to learning to ROM Hack over the course of the past year, with some modest amounts of success.

Now, what is Pokémon: Eccentric Emerald, you may ask? Simple! It is my vision of how Hoenn should present a wonderful challenge. This patch aims to be a nice way of including all 386 available Pokémon in Gen III, as well as patching up difficulty and variety presented.
Listed below are a few of the current and planned changes.

• All 386 Species available (currently lacking Gen I Fossils, Unown and Certain Legendaries)
  • New Evolution methods (including new items)
  • Different Ability combinations (Ex: Overgrow or Shed Skin on Treecko)
  • Physical/Special Split (Courtesy of DoesntKnowHowToPlay's patch and knowledge)
  • Improved Moves, Movesets
  • Improved Trainer rosters (Magma and Aqua actually use more than just Zubat and Poochyena!)
  • Access to all Safari Zone areas Pre-Championship
  • A Day and Night System
As of 2/17, the new patch includes a fix to Tyranitar lacking Battle Armor as a proper ability, and changing Sableye to no longer have the annoying Shadow Tag.

Included in this post is a zip for an IPS patch, as well as several documents explaining any changes made, and a Special Thanks document listing those who have helped me - be it through tools or guides. If requested, I will post a list to this thread as well.

I hope you all enjoy what is, and what shall be with Eccentric Emerald!

Screenshots

Attached Files
File Type: zip Regi Fix 1.41.zip (67.0 KB, 235 views)

Last edited by Cruztown; 6th July 2014 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Fixed the Download.
Sponsored Links
Old 19th November 2013, 12:52 PM   #2
Elsa
Let it go!
PHO VIP

Elsa

Ooooo, you gone crazy with day and night, huh?
I think my favorite feature will be the better teams than poochyana and zubat! Nice job and I hope to see some awesome progress on this

- - - - - - - Elsa - - - - - - -
Twitter | YouTube | Steam | Twitch
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Old 19th November 2013, 11:38 PM   #3
Cruztown
Fish are cool

Cruztown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocka View Post
Ooooo, you gone crazy with day and night, huh?
I think my favorite feature will be the better teams than poochyana and zubat! Nice job and I hope to see some awesome progress on this
Glad to hear it! I feel the Trainer changes to be released next patch are gonna be one of best parts of EE.
Old 17th December 2013, 05:39 AM   #4
FTTsunami

FTTsunami

I love to see the.progress and I love the better team magma and aqua maybe you can kinda make the "leaders" more challenging
Old 10th January 2014, 01:12 PM   #5
Cruztown
Fish are cool

Cruztown

Hey there everyone! Happy (belated) New Year! I've brought with me an updated version of the hack, which includes the long awaited changes to every trainer bar Battle Frontier. Along with it are several new changes to movepools, moves (Swift is now Steel!), and environments! Be sure to revisit areas to see if anything new has happened!

In case anyone asks, old saves should be compatible with the new patch, provided they match the new patch's name. Be sure to use a clean ROM, and enjoy!
Likes Hipporectum liked this post
Old 11th January 2014, 03:28 AM   #6
Hipporectum

Hipporectum

Where can I get this rom
Old 11th January 2014, 04:26 AM   #7
Cruztown
Fish are cool

Cruztown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipporectum View Post
Where can I get this rom
I've included a .zip in the main post that has the Lunar IPS file needed. Download that, and patch a clean Emerald ROM with it.
Old 11th January 2014, 04:38 AM   #8
Hipporectum

Hipporectum

This game looks awesome but what if im using a iPod touch
Old 11th January 2014, 05:28 PM   #9
Cruztown
Fish are cool

Cruztown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipporectum View Post
This game looks awesome but what if im using a iPod touch
I've never actually had someone inquire about putting it on an iPod device. I assume it'd work, but you'd need to patch the ROM on a computer before you download it to the Touch itself.
Old 16th January 2014, 10:49 AM   #10
ChibiiJoltik11

ChibiiJoltik11

Oh my God! I'm loving this so far! You won me with the change e.g.(TREECKO > Treecko)I guess my OCD is a bit too strong, what I would like to suggest is to change the R/S/E sprites to D/P/Pt if you have enough time to do so it would make it really perfect! Thanks.

Tags
difficulty, eccentric, emerald, pokemon, [GBA]