PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Other Generations Hacking > Guides & Documentation > Questions & Answers

Questions & Answers Do you have a problem you need a straight answer for? Ask a question here and get an answer.

Old 26th September 2015, 09:15 AM   #1
trakpichu
n00b

trakpichu
Question A Few Noob-ish Questions for Gen II Hacking

Hello, I've recently started playing around with hacking a Pokemon Silver Rom out of boredom, and I have a few questions about some things. (I also happen to know little to nothing relating to Coding.)

Question #1: Trainer Back Sprite
Following Jwibagi's guide, I was able to successfully to replace the default back sprite of Gold/Ethan with Devicho's GBC Dawn/Pearl, though without the palette color changing.
(If you need the pictures I can PM you, new Member link Limits and all)

Question #2: Trainer Card Sprite
Following in the Footsteps of Jwibagi's Trainer Back Tutoria, I was wondering what the Offset Hex for the Trainer Card Sprite would be to replace in AGIXP, or if there's a better way/tool to do such a thing.

Question #3: Player Overworld Sprite Palette
Just through random Google Searches, I noticed it's possible to change your Palette through VBA's internal editors, so I would like to ask, what Hex Number Set controls your Palette an what are the Color to Hex numbers?

Question #4: Emulation Issues through Gold Tweak
I'm not sure, but is it possible that some of the "Gold Tweak" Tool's options break the Rom's colors with some emulators? Since I think some of the options could have potentially done that?

Question #5: Pokedex Entries and Indoor Text.
Just a rather Simple Questions that are related. Are there any tools for editing a Pokemon's Pokedex Entry? (Not the stuff like Height & Weight since I know the "Pokemon Gen II Editor can change that, just the text entries)
And for the Poketext Tool, where may I find the Indoor Text's Location, such as the stuff for Elm giving you Pokemon and Oak.
===================================
Sorry about the large first Post, I just thought one big post would beat out the spam that would be separate posts. I can try to explain a little better if you have any trouble understanding. (I know I am terrible with explanations a lot of the time.)
Thank you in advance.
trakpichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 26th September 2015, 06:34 PM   #2
SirZexx
Mapper

SirZexx

Quote:
Originally Posted by trakpichu View Post
Hello, I've recently started playing around with hacking a Pokemon Silver Rom out of boredom, and I have a few questions about some things. (I also happen to know little to nothing relating to Coding.)

Question #1: Trainer Back Sprite
Following Jwibagi's guide, I was able to successfully to replace the default back sprite of Gold/Ethan with Devicho's GBC Dawn/Pearl, though without the palette color changing.

Question #2: Trainer Card Sprite
Following in the Footsteps of Jwibagi's Trainer Back Tutoria, I was wondering what the Offset Hex for the Trainer Card Sprite would be to replace in AGIXP, or if there's a better way/tool to do such a thing.

Question #3: Player Overworld Sprite Palette
Just through random Google Searches, I noticed it's possible to change your Palette through VBA's internal editors, so I would like to ask, what Hex Number Set controls your Palette an what are the Color to Hex numbers?

Question #4: Emulation Issues through Gold Tweak
I'm not sure, but is it possible that some of the "Gold Tweak" Tool's options break the Rom's colors with some emulators? Since I think some of the options could have potentially done that?

Question #5: Pokedex Entries and Indoor Text.
Just a rather Simple Questions that are related. Are there any tools for editing a Pokemon's Pokedex Entry? (Not the stuff like Height & Weight since I know the "Pokemon Gen II Editor can change that, just the text entries)
And for the Poketext Tool, where may I find the Indoor Text's Location, such as the stuff for Elm giving you Pokemon and Oak.
===================================
Sorry about the large first Post, I just thought one big post would beat out the spam that would be separate posts. I can try to explain a little better if you have any trouble understanding. (I know I am terrible with explanations a lot of the time.)
Thank you in advance.
I'd preffer if you practised on either of these... Pokemon Leaf Green, Fire Red, Sapphire, Ruby or Emerald as their the easiest ones then move onto complicated stuff
SirZexx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gen, hacking, noobish, questions