PHO - Pok閙on Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pok閙on Hackers Online > Central PHO > Site Talk & Suggestions

Site Talk & Suggestions If you need to talk to us about the site or perhaps get help with a problem or make a suggestion, you can do it here. This section is NOT for Rom Hacking questions or anything related to Rom Hacking!
Important Links:
> Forum Rules, Forum Staff

Old 30th September 2016, 10:08 AM   #1
The_Learner
Trying to be the best!

The_Learner
Unhappy Is this website dead???

Is this side dead???
No offense but I see all people inactive over here, there are many members even crom pokecommunity but I found this website totally dead!
Again no offense.....just sharing my thought!
The_Learner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 1st October 2016, 03:52 AM   #2
Pankajblitz
Taiyoh!

Pankajblitz

This site is dead because

1 Only hacking allowed.
2 No offtopic talks
3 No gaming central ( Playing games guesses)

Conclusion : Hackers are only allowed. Hackers offline no game no fun.

This site is not dead because

1 Hackers still post here.
2 Some exclusive games, tutorials and resources can be found here.

Conclusion : Come here hackers. Go away hack players.

So both yes and no.

The Facebook page for more updates

Last edited by Pankajblitz; 1st October 2016 at 04:17 AM.
Pankajblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes The_Learner liked this post
Old 2nd October 2016, 06:15 PM   #3
Aperso
Puddleduck
PHO VIP

Aperso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pankajblitz View Post
This site is dead because

1 Only hacking allowed.
2 No offtopic talks
3 No gaming central ( Playing games guesses)

Conclusion : Hackers are only allowed. Hackers offline no game no fun.
There are sections dedicated to Homebrew and coding and there were sections for general Pokemon Discussions and Gaming, but activity was never actually strong enough for it to have it own section, so the sections slowly faded into general off-topic sections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pankajblitz View Post

This site is not dead because

1 Hackers still post here.
2 Some exclusive games, tutorials and resources can be found here.

Conclusion : Come here hackers. Go away hack players.

So both yes and no.
We've all said that was the vibe we unintentionally produced, and sadly we haven't been able to shake that vibe since.

I'll come up with something to put here later.
Aperso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2016, 06:19 PM   #4
Alice
ClariS <3
Style AdminstratorPHO VIPSuper Moderator

Alice Alice

The site is fairly dead but I don't know that those are the reasons why, I'm fairly sure it's mostly that we don't have much to offer that other sites don't do better. We actually do allow offtopic posts here, we have a section specifically for them (games are also allowed in there). We don't have a fangames/game development section anymore because it got very little to no activity so it was dropped. That said, it's only dead in activity. A lot of the staff members only check in every now and then due to the low activity but we've not given up on it yet, we do have future plans that I'm sure everyone will find exciting. Most of our activity is actually on our sister site, romhack.me, which is a social network for everyone from hack players to hackers and even those who do neither (I myself neither hack nor play hacks anymore). Feel free to check it out if you are interested in discussion in a less forum centric format

"I dreamt that you were a dog. And the dog was my husband. Anyway, it was the worst dream ever." Aisaka Taiga
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2016, 08:02 AM   #5
The_Learner
Trying to be the best!

The_Learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice View Post
The site is fairly dead but I don't know that those are the reasons why, I'm fairly sure it's mostly that we don't have much to offer that other sites don't do better. We actually do allow offtopic posts here, we have a section specifically for them (games are also allowed in there). We don't have a fangames/game development section anymore because it got very little to no activity so it was dropped. That said, it's only dead in activity. A lot of the staff members only check in every now and then due to the low activity but we've not given up on it yet, we do have future plans that I'm sure everyone will find exciting. Most of our activity is actually on our sister site, romhack.me, which is a social network for everyone from hack players to hackers and even those who do neither (I myself neither hack nor play hacks anymore). Feel free to check it out if you are interested in discussion in a less forum centric format
Few days back i submitted my rom hack project, can you check why it is not shown in forums yet!
Old 3rd October 2016, 01:08 PM   #6
Alice
ClariS <3
Style AdminstratorPHO VIPSuper Moderator

Alice Alice

Sorted that for you dude, sorry about that. Hack threads have to be approved by a moderator or admin before they show up, and we don't get notified when there are posts waiting for approval (at least, I don't).

"I dreamt that you were a dog. And the dog was my husband. Anyway, it was the worst dream ever." Aisaka Taiga
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2016, 01:58 PM   #7
The_Learner
Trying to be the best!

The_Learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice View Post
Sorted that for you dude, sorry about that. Hack threads have to be approved by a moderator or admin before they show up, and we don't get notified when there are posts waiting for approval (at least, I don't).
All is well if end is well.
The thing that matters is it is finally out
Thanks for that
Old 5th October 2016, 11:50 PM   #8
Pia Carrot
Orange Developer
Administrator

Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot

Well, we've tried countless times to revive this site. It gets a little action and becomes a limp noodle again. It's a pretty sad cycle. At one point this was a site controlled by extremely elitist opinions, when we changed the name to RHO, we wanted to actually encourage players to learn to hack and understand how some of it actually works. With that, we also invited other kinds of hackers, it was meant to be general hacking. Of course we only got like 1 or 2 of those kinds of hacks, and we slowly became PHO again to focus on Pokemon hacking.

We've had a lot of issues with staff drama in the past and the mods all like anime which actually is driving some users away, it really kills the site. The people I want to mod just don't have the time or energy for it anymore.

I loved PHO, and I still do. I hate to see the way it is today. For now, just keep posting your tutorials, your hacks, your lets plays. Maybe one day we'll figure something out and become a learning resource again. Unfortunately, Pokecommunity, WaH, irc chats and Skeetendo are just established and superior to what we offer. I'm sorry it ended up like this as a forum. We were a community and a family, and even I have run out of energy and passion to keep it going.

~Carrot

I'm a boob
Pia Carrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2016, 04:15 AM   #9
The_Learner
Trying to be the best!

The_Learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pia Carrot View Post
Well, we've tried countless times to revive this site. It gets a little action and becomes a limp noodle again. It's a pretty sad cycle. At one point this was a site controlled by extremely elitist opinions, when we changed the name to RHO, we wanted to actually encourage players to learn to hack and understand how some of it actually works. With that, we also invited other kinds of hackers, it was meant to be general hacking. Of course we only got like 1 or 2 of those kinds of hacks, and we slowly became PHO again to focus on Pokemon hacking.

We've had a lot of issues with staff drama in the past and the mods all like anime which actually is driving some users away, it really kills the site. The people I want to mod just don't have the time or energy for it anymore.

I loved PHO, and I still do. I hate to see the way it is today. For now, just keep posting your tutorials, your hacks, your lets plays. Maybe one day we'll figure something out and become a learning resource again. Unfortunately, Pokecommunity, WaH, irc chats and Skeetendo are just established and superior to what we offer. I'm sorry it ended up like this as a forum. We were a community and a family, and even I have run out of energy and passion to keep it going.

~Carrot
For sure I will try to be as much active as I can, but the thing is people here are not engaging with the posts much, so In my opinion you should try such thing which will make all the people get attracted towards it and they cant resist without it
Its actually very easy to say but harder enough to execute but I will support you to the best I can
Old 6th October 2016, 04:51 AM   #10
Pankajblitz
Taiyoh!

Pankajblitz

Same with me.
(Points towards sky)
We have to reach there.

The Facebook page for more updates
Pankajblitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dead, website