PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Discussion Board > Archive

Notices

Archive Old threads that serve no purpose are here.

Old 11th February 2014, 03:20 AM   #41
karatekid552
What does this button do?.....
Ex-Staff

karatekid552 karatekid552

Well, I talked this over with MrDollSteak who has been helping me. By the end of the month, I will be releasing a tool that can expand the number of Pokemons. Do to the amount of bugs in this patch, it really isn't worth the time. BUT, MrDollSteak is going through every move and ability and fixing them, one at a time, and including them in his rom base. This salvages all of Jambo's hard work. I talked to him and he said that it was fine just as long as his work doesn't go to waste, which it won't. I will look into getting the other cool things, like double wild battles, out into the open as a resource. So yeah, this patch won't ever come to complete fruition as is, however all of its parts will live on. Sound good?
Sponsored Links
Old 14th February 2014, 08:33 PM   #42
LCCoolJ95

LCCoolJ95

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
By the end of the month, I will be releasing a tool that can expand the number of Pokemons.
Wait, hold on, what's the catch? I mean, the idea of expanding the amount of Pokémon is cool, but sounds..."difficult." Not in the sense that it's completely impossible, but there are questions that need to answered:

1. How many are allowed to be added?
2. Will they have Pokédex entries?
3. Will they have their own cries?
4. CAN THIS BE DONE IN RUBY/EMERALD?
5. Will it corrupt anything in a rom mod in the making, like icons/sprites/attacks/etc.?
6. Will this require knowledge of ASM hacking and/or hex editing?
7. Can I make a tutorial? :3

These are just some important questions that I have to concern myself with and with fellow hackers.
Old 14th February 2014, 11:29 PM   #43
karatekid552
Ex-Staff

You obviously missed DoesntKnowHowToPlay's tutorial on adding new Pokemon. My tool follows that tutorial to the letter, essentially just doing it for you.

It can go up to 1020 Pokemon and requires no knowledge of hex editing or ASM. They will all have Pokedex entries and nothing is corrupted. You will have to add new cries yourself because I don't have a cry editor built in yet, however they are all mapped to Bulbasaur's cry.

This only works on FR (E) v1.0 because there is very little research into any other rom. For right now, the button simply doesn't appear if another rom is loaded.
Old 15th February 2014, 12:02 AM   #44
LCCoolJ95

LCCoolJ95

Tutorial? Oh, you mean that expanding Pokédex thing on Pokecommunity. I saw it, and it really interested me. You know, if you want, I could look into it and do some research. Emerald is a game that I'm really into editing. Unless, the Pokédex is different.

Last edited by LCCoolJ95; 15th February 2014 at 12:13 AM.
Old 15th February 2014, 12:29 AM   #45
karatekid552
Ex-Staff

I have been told that the Pokedex is different. That being said, it may be possible.
Old 16th February 2014, 04:17 AM   #46
pokekachow

pokekachow
Default missing sprites

Hey, Karatekid, it's me again, the one that said about the missing sprites. Now I want to ask you, may I do the honor of inserting the many missing sprites? Coz I have a great collection of gen 1-5 pokemon gba sprites
Old 16th February 2014, 06:08 AM   #47
karatekid552
Ex-Staff

I think you need to scroll up and read what I posted.

BTW, the project was using Chaos' resource and it was going to stick with it. I wrote a sprite editor, so I think I could have handled that part.
Old 15th September 2014, 02:32 AM   #48
abtwitch

abtwitch
Default Is this thread dead?

Hey, I was wanting to enhance my personal experience of my FireRed and couldn't find any download links. This thread has not been posted on in a while but doesn't say it's closed. Is this thread dead or just inactive?

Tags
649, patch, [General]