PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Discussion Board > Archive

Notices

Archive Old threads that serve no purpose are here.

Old 12th November 2013, 12:51 AM   #1
karatekid552
What does this button do?.....
Ex-Staff

karatekid552 karatekid552
Default 649 Patch

The 649 Patch

NOTE: This is a ROM BASE, not a hack. You cannot catch 649 Pokémon in this hack. It is a base that allows hackers to create hacks with all 649 in it. HOWEVER. THIS PATCH IS STILL IN BETA AND IS HIGHLY UNSTABLE. This patch is only available for testing purposes at this point. If any hacks are made with it, I will personally request their removal.

Okay, so Jambo51 decided that he is done hacking and has moved on to make his own Pokemon Engine for GBA and his own hacking tools. Just before he made this decision, he gave me access to everything to do with the 649 patch. A few weeks later, he turned the project over to me. However, he didn't have a complete list of everything that needed to be done. This includes bugs, unfinished parts, and things that just don't work at all. This is where I need your help: I need to compile a list of EVERY single thing that needs to be done.

From this point on, all new ASM, all new scripts and the patch itself will be hosted on GitHub. This is so that I can easily keep track of bugs and keep the patch open source, which can only help in its development.

Before you go rushing off to GitHub, I have a few rules for simplicity and organization:

-All reports will be done in the ISSUES section.

-All bugs and things which don't work the way they are supposed to, will be labeled "Bug".

-Any features that are supposed to be in the patch but are missing will be labeled "Missing Feature".

Please, look through the list already and if a topic has been reported already, don't make a new thread. The more threads I have to sift through, the longer this is going to take to finish.

I will keep a file called "Known Issues.txt" in the main page. Please, please, please look though it. Now, the GitHub link is in here. (yeah, I wanted to make you read.)

The readme file on GitHub will contain all of the credits, the list of features, and all of the other info you need. This thread is more as just an announcement.

Thanks guys,
karatekid552
Sponsored Links
Old 12th November 2013, 01:24 AM   #2
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
PHO VIP

Bela

This is great, man!

Just one issue: You're gonna have to call it the 721 Patch now! =P
Old 12th November 2013, 01:28 AM   #3
karatekid552
Ex-Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bela View Post
This is great, man!

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.... no. :P I'll look for a way to make adding more pokemon easier, but I am not adding Kalos pokemon. Besides, Chaos isn't doing those sprites, so the resource would have inconsistent graphics.
Old 12th November 2013, 01:28 AM   #4
Tcoppy
Crazy Diamond

Tcoppy

Quote:
This is great, man!

Lol xD

Anyway, are you also planning on adding Fairy type into the base now? Last time I checked there was no fairy type (idk if it was even announced yet).
Old 12th November 2013, 01:53 AM   #5
karatekid552
Ex-Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoppy View Post
Lol xD

Anyway, are you also planning on adding Fairy type into the base now? Last time I checked there was no fairy type (idk if it was even announced yet).
Before I add new things to the patch, I want to finish and stabalize what is already in there. Once the current features are complete and stable, then we can work in new things. Fair?
Likes Full Metal ★ liked this post
Old 12th November 2013, 01:55 AM   #6
Tcoppy
Crazy Diamond

Tcoppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
Before I add new things to the patch, I want to finish and stabalize what is already in there. Once the current features are complete and stable, then we can work in new things. Fair?
Sounds fair, I was just curious how you are going to handle this project.
Old 12th November 2013, 02:20 AM   #7
karatekid552
Ex-Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoppy View Post
Sounds fair, I was just curious how you are going to handle this project.
I am going to finish what Jambo started. Once all of the features he wanted in place work, then I may add my own.
Likes Bela, Full Metal ★ liked this post
Old 12th November 2013, 03:40 AM   #8
AntiRellik
Glorified n00b

AntiRellik

Quote:
This is great, man!

Thank god its 721 and not 849. xD
Likes Bela liked this post
Old 12th November 2013, 05:27 AM   #9
mrdollsteak
i no n00bles

mrdollsteak

Hey KK, this is fantastic! Finally got onto PHO.

I've been testing some of the routines to see if I could incorporate them into my rombase.

I've had a problem with Acupressure so far. I've put the routine into the expanded BS table and everything, however when I select the move, the game freezes. I've looked into some of the offsets in the ASM file, and they all seem to be fine. Script Location is pointing to the pointer to the fail text. But other than that I don't see any cause for concern.

When I open it up in No$GBA and add all the relevant breakpoints, once it finishes it says 'undefined Opcode' etc.

I haven't had a chance to test it in the 649 patch so I can't be 100% sure theres a glitch within the patch, but I just thought I'd let you know.

Also, if you find that there isn't a problem would it be alright for you to send me some of the registers and what they should look like
Old 12th November 2013, 01:42 PM   #10
karatekid552
Ex-Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdollsteak View Post
Hey KK, this is fantastic! Finally got onto PHO.

I've been testing some of the routines to see if I could incorporate them into my rombase.

I've had a problem with Acupressure so far. I've put the routine into the expanded BS table and everything, however when I select the move, the game freezes. I've looked into some of the offsets in the ASM file, and they all seem to be fine. Script Location is pointing to the pointer to the fail text. But other than that I don't see any cause for concern.

When I open it up in No$GBA and add all the relevant breakpoints, once it finishes it says 'undefined Opcode' etc.

I haven't had a chance to test it in the 649 patch so I can't be 100% sure theres a glitch within the patch, but I just thought I'd let you know.

Also, if you find that there isn't a problem would it be alright for you to send me some of the registers and what they should look like
Thanks man, I'm glad I finally stopped procrastinating on this. Haha

Just because i know this thread is going to get overloaded really fast, please post all bugs and stuff on GitHub if it applies to the patch itself.

In all honesty, I just posted everything that was in the folder with the 649 patch without looking at it. I have have no idea what works in the patch and what doesn't.

Tags
649, patch, [General]