PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Other Generations Hacking > Tools, Utilities & Resources

Tools, Utilities & Resources Get tools that help you create and ease the process of creating and modifying. Share resources for people to use in their hack.

Old 14th April 2014, 12:14 AM   #71
karatekid552
What does this button do?.....
Ex-Staff

karatekid552 karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewery1 View Post
Alright, I have a question. If I edited a bunch of Pokemon in Firered, and want to move the data to Ruby, can I? Or do I have to do it all over again.
Technically, you could copy and paste the hex values. Just open HxD and go to the proper offset and copy and paste the data between roms. Eventually (though not a priority) you will actually be able to save pokemon and load them individually.
karatekid552 is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Ewery1 liked this post
Sponsored Links
Old 16th April 2014, 03:19 AM   #72
tttom64
n00b (true so I won't remove)

tttom64
Default Pokédex Expansion

I can't seem to expand the Pokédex to over 387. When I try to change the number of total dex entries more than this, it seems to work. But then when I try to change one of the unknown 'mons, it seems to work once more, but once I go back to check it, it has disappeared. (In the editor, that is.) Also, when I click "Expand POKéMON" I see that the total dex entries has reverted back to 387.

Edit: Sorry I forgot to mention that adding new moves, stats, sprites etc. to these new Pokémon is working perfectly.
tttom64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2014, 12:30 PM   #73
karatekid552
Ex-Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tttom64 View Post
I can't seem to expand the Pokédex to over 387. When I try to change the number of total dex entries more than this, it seems to work. But then when I try to change one of the unknown 'mons, it seems to work once more, but once I go back to check it, it has disappeared. (In the editor, that is.) Also, when I click "Expand POKéMON" I see that the total dex entries has reverted back to 387.

Edit: Sorry I forgot to mention that adding new moves, stats, sprites etc. to these new Pokémon is working perfectly.
The Unowns are only there for sprites. All other stats are controlled by the main Unown in the kanto dex.
Old 16th April 2014, 09:14 PM   #74
tttom64

tttom64

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
The Unowns are only there for sprites. All other stats are controlled by the main Unown in the kanto dex.
I found that I could edit the individual Unowns' stats and moves as well. They all started out as '0' so I don't think they're really connected to the main one. It was just the Pokédex I was having trouble with. It started out blank, but when I wanted to edit it, it insisted on staying blank.
Old 16th April 2014, 11:18 PM   #75
karatekid552
Ex-Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tttom64 View Post
I found that I could edit the individual Unowns' stats and moves as well. They all started out as '0' so I don't think they're really connected to the main one. It was just the Pokédex I was having trouble with. It started out blank, but when I wanted to edit it, it insisted on staying blank.
Do to the way I coded G3HS, I had to put some data into them so that they would load. Otherwise, I would have had to hard code G3HS to never load data for those slots, which is an issue if you completely decide to make your own expansion that screws Unowns. This is why you can edit their stats and moves, but it will have 0 effect in game. Those stats and moves are just place holders so that the data after them lines up properly. The pokedex on the other hand, is coded not to allow you edit the dex's of pokemon without dex entries. Until I add the order editor, which is coming soon, I finished habitat editing today (FINALLY! That was so freaking hard to structure haha) you will just have to deal with it. Now, listen to me, the only changes you can make to the Unowns that will actually hold in game are the sprites. Anything else won't have an effect due to how Unown is coded.
Old 17th April 2014, 03:41 AM   #76
tttom64

tttom64

Ahh K thanks

Last edited by tttom64; 17th April 2014 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Damned autocorrect
Old 5th May 2014, 11:52 PM   #77
Ewery1
Buizelmaster

Ewery1

I had an idea, that I think would be very useful to have implemented in this. Adding more moves, similar to the adding more Pokemon. There is also a tutorial for this, and it would be very helpful. The same goes for abilities. Thanks!
Old 6th May 2014, 02:45 AM   #78
karatekid552
Ex-Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewery1 View Post
I had an idea, that I think would be very useful to have implemented in this. Adding more moves, similar to the adding more Pokemon. There is also a tutorial for this, and it would be very helpful. The same goes for abilities. Thanks!
Moves are planned when I make the move editor. Abilities are pure custom ASM, so nope, that won't happen.
Old 9th May 2014, 11:26 AM   #79
Ewery1
Buizelmaster

Ewery1

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
Moves are planned when I make the move editor. Abilities are pure custom ASM, so nope, that won't happen.
Ah... I used one move editor before, but it erased the data of all moves and had them only use struggle :L Welp, I'll need an asm hacker for my rom eventually :L
Old 11th May 2014, 03:17 AM   #80
wootius
n00b

wootius

I love this tool and am looking forward to the move editor!. I've been slowly working on a FR BST/Movepool sidehack while working on a HG one as the main project and this makes it so much easier. Thank you so much for the easy peasy Dollsteak support too.

A hopefully simple suggestion, could you alphabetize the movelists/ability lists in their dropdown boxes? It make it easier to do mass changes.

Last edited by wootius; 11th May 2014 at 03:31 AM.
wootius is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gen, hacking, iii, pokemon, rom, suite, [Editor]