PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Generation I/II Hacking > ROM Hack Projects

ROM Hack Projects Have a hack with some good progress? Post it here. Threads require approval.

User Tag List

Old 20th December 2013, 05:30 PM   #11
Miksy91
Gotta fill something here.

Miksy91

I'm posting again since no one replied about the question above. I got the "answers" in PC though, and feel like I know what I want to do about it so no problem there.
Maybe this thread feels a bit distant since I'm asking for feedback on things, and most of you haven't even tested the hack yet. I guess?

Well anyways, I have started working on the hack again. I finished beta 4.0 this summer and was on a 5-month break or so from this - I even thought of canceling the project to start working on a team-project with a friend of mine while at it, but scrapped the idea.

Today, I uploaded a video of the hack to youtube that shows a specific part from beta 4.0, and how I had implemented it badly there, and what kind of improvements I came up with. I'll be doing a few similar changes elswhere for beta 4.1 - an improved version of beta 4.0 that won't contain any more gameplay than 4.0 did (at least, that's the plan for now).

Here's the video in case you want to take a look:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JcDzWcE4qw

Also, if your day hasn't been enough SUPER already, better watch the video and turn it up a little bit
Old 20th March 2014, 03:18 AM   #12
lwchny
n00b

lwchny

hey dude , great job . I just download it and played, this is totally a new pokemon series . Great job once again ..
lwchny is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Miksy91 liked this post
Old 17th April 2014, 08:01 PM   #13
xCloud00
Level 1

xCloud00
Wink

We are waiting for 5.0!!!!!!
xCloud00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2014, 04:06 AM   #14
kwakiecarlz
ELITE_kwakie

kwakiecarlz
Wink dark energy beta 5? when it will be released?

when is dark energy v5 release? i want 2 play it
kwakiecarlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2014, 12:25 PM   #15
Miksy91

Miksy91

It's going to take a long time until I can release beta 5...
I haven't really worked on the hack since I released beta 4 last summer - been doing other things and I haven't really had much spare time to hack.

So can't say a thing about that really. Hopefully I'll get this "thing" running this summer, I should have plenty of time to hack in July and if I get onto it, it's pretty easy to "stay at it" as well.
Old 13th June 2014, 02:30 PM   #16
lilpayn
n00b

lilpayn
Default miksy91

Miksy,

I am currently playing through and must say this is by far the best pokemon game I've ever played. That being said. After my first full play through I will be composing a FULL bug report as related to meboy 2.2. Along with tips and and solutions on how to fix them. Being retired from game design I don't give out freebies, but like I said, best pokemon game ever. Ill keep track on updates as you post them. Use google to keep track of updates as I post them (may or may not be related to music). But first bit of bug report, professor oak is one of the most-known researchers, not researches lol. K, signing out for now, I have chansey, abra, and ghastly waiting to be caught.

P.S. Lvl. 37 steelix? Really?!?!? Still had nothin on ivysaurs sleep powder ^_^

Lil payn
lilpayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2014, 01:23 PM   #17
Miksy91

Miksy91

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpayn View Post
Miksy,

I am currently playing through and must say this is by far the best pokemon game I've ever played. That being said. After my first full play through I will be composing a FULL bug report as related to meboy 2.2. Along with tips and and solutions on how to fix them. Being retired from game design I don't give out freebies, but like I said, best pokemon game ever. Ill keep track on updates as you post them. Use google to keep track of updates as I post them (may or may not be related to music). But first bit of bug report, professor oak is one of the most-known researchers, not researches lol. K, signing out for now, I have chansey, abra, and ghastly waiting to be caught.

P.S. Lvl. 37 steelix? Really?!?!? Still had nothin on ivysaurs sleep powder ^_^

Lil payn
You know what, I think the post you put up in Pokecommunity yesterday was what motivated me to continue making this. At least, it gave it a little push and I started fixing things for beta 4.1 that was supposed to come out in fall 2013.

So I have been fixing a couple of things and implementing some things better (such as being able to input the 20-digit code in the research center automatically after you have done it before) along with making prof. Oak not to be a research anymore, hahha.
Old 6th July 2014, 02:57 PM   #18
Miksy91

Miksy91

Guess not many around here have even tried this hack yet, but now it's a good time to do so. That's because beta 4.1, and improved version of the beta 4.0 from the previous summer is now up.

I was out of the hacking scene for quite a long while so I haven't gotten that much done and I had even planned this release to be up by the end of 2013. It didn't come then but now it's done though

Quote:
Originally Posted by The main post

Changes between betas

There are some changes here and there but nothing that drastic. Probably the biggest improvement I can think of right now is re-coding how feeling cold works in North Star. In 4.0, you would freeze by walking on spots where there are trigger events that "activate" the freezing. Now in 4.1 it's adjusted to real-time clock and you may get frozen just by standing at the same spot for too long.

Other things I can pick up are for example re-writing the script for the gentleman asking for Super Onix, making it possible to insert the code of the PC (in Argent Warehouse Central) automatically once you have done it before, and re-writing dialogue in the beginning to give a better view on who Maxime really is.

Is 4.1 a bug-free version?

There may be minor bugs (or even bigger ones but I don't think so) in beta 4.1 because I haven't beta-tested everything properly for this release (although I did give it a test-run). However, most things worked 100% fine in beta 4.0 and there weren't any "bad" glitches out there. And because I have only edited a bit of that and tested that my edited "hacks" work, beta 4.1 should be bug-free too. But if you download it, save often 'cause you'll never know...
I'll be fixing things later if there are bugs you run into
So if you have nothing better to do at the summer time and feel like giving Dark Energy another go, or especially if you haven't even tried it yet, download and have fun.
Link to Mediafire (attachment in the main post): https://www.mediafire.com/?2nrjy56fnfb6gpl

Last edited by Miksy91; 6th July 2014 at 03:01 PM.
Miksy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Mateo liked this post
Old 27th September 2014, 05:01 PM   #19
Th3_Dark_Umbr30n
Pokexpert

Th3_Dark_Umbr30n

I cant find oak where is he?!?!?!
Th3_Dark_Umbr30n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2014, 07:22 AM   #20
machielvdb
n00b

machielvdb
Default dark enegy

Hi everyone,

I've played Pokemon Dark Energy Beta 4 for a while now and I did all the side-quests. It is a great game!

i'm wondering, where can I find Beta 4.1?
Who can help me?
machielvdb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dark, energy, pokemon, [GB/GBC]