PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Beginners' Lounge > Hack Ideas

Notices

Hack Ideas Have a new idea for a hack and want to share? Feel free to in here!

User Tag List

Old 16th March 2014, 11:40 PM   #1
lsmash
Neophyte

lsmash
Default "Better" Battle Areas

My idea is to recondition the battle areas. Some examples for what battle areas are include the battle frontier, the battle tents etc...

Actually, i find that they are quite a new addition to the series, because they offer challenges from normal battles and some post-game content. However, I think they could need a change.

This is what i have in mind:

-Scatter them through towns and cities, and make them independent from the regional league, so that you won't need any badge to enter those areas. Making a few of them unavailable until you've beaten a gym leader or the pokemon league won't hurt though. They will mostly be in towns without gyms (although big cities could have both a gym and a battle area).

-They would be optional, but more rewarding. Rewards would include some cool upgrades (like better transportation) and access to new locations.

-I had another idea, which was to implement real battle variations like rotation battles, sky battles etc...but that would be difficult in my opinion (although i'm not dropping this idea: sky battles can be implemented in Emerald. I'm working on it, but i have some problems doing it. I can show what i've done until now if you want...), so i'm thinking of another way to make them challenging and different from gyms.

However, I need some feedback, so that I can improve it (and hopefully implement it my hack).
So, what do you think?
lsmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Ewery1 liked this post
Sponsored Links
Old 17th March 2014, 12:17 AM   #2
Pia Carrot
Orange Developer
Administrator

Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot

You could always implement a ribbon/medal system like what Pokémon Contests did. Overall sounds like a decent idea.
Pia Carrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Elsa liked this post
Old 18th March 2014, 03:51 PM   #3
lsmash
Neophyte

lsmash

Thank you for your suggestion Anna
Old 19th March 2014, 12:39 AM   #4
Ewery1
Buizelmaster

Ewery1

That's a good idea actually, it could a be lot of fun with like randomized people/pokemon.
Old 20th March 2014, 01:17 PM   #5
lsmash
Neophyte

lsmash

Randomized people/pokemon...noted !
The real problem I have now is weither I should allow EXP gain or not, but I'm sure that I'll have some solution for this...
Oh! And thanks Ewery1!

Edit: I may update the first post with more details.

Last edited by lsmash; 20th March 2014 at 01:23 PM.
Likes Ewery1 liked this post
Old 20th March 2014, 06:47 PM   #6
Ewery1
Buizelmaster

Ewery1

I think you should definitely allow EXP gain, if it is like a gym leader-y tourney of sorts. If it is like the battle subway in B/W then no.
Old 21st March 2014, 08:20 PM   #7
lsmash
Neophyte

lsmash

Alright, I will consider that. Thanks again, Ewery1!

Tags
areas, battle, ideas, [GBA]