PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Hacking Suite > Archived Hacks

Notices

Archived Hacks Any In Development hacks that have had no activity in at least 1.5 years are here. If a hack of yours is in here and you'd like it restored, PM a member of the Mod team.

View Poll Results: What should I do next?
Make an extended version with more Pokemon in it? 6 85.71%
Do a Shiny Version of Pokemon Quest Version? 1 14.29%
Make it the tiles like Pokemon Red/Blue? 1 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 8th February 2015, 05:13 AM   #1
TyHawk4501
Legend

TyHawk4501
Smile Pokemon Quest Version

Hack of Pokemon Firered

Introduction

Hello, I'm TyHawk4501. I've decided to make a thread about one of my Pokemon games called Pokemon Quest Version. So far, there are NO bugs or glitches, I tested them myself, so you'll love playing this game. Btw, I'm the creator of Pokemon Quest Version. Pokemon Quest Version is about exploring new places and catching a lot of Pokemon. Plus it's like playing Red/Blue on GBA. This game has 3 separate versions, a Full Version, a 151 version and a Shiny Version. I may do more versions of Pokemon Quest Version? Maybe an extended version? Anyways, hope you guys enjoy the game.

Story

Pokemon Quest Version is based off Pokemon Red and Blue along with the Pokemon Firered & Leafgreen features and with new features that I added. Pokemon Quest Version 151 and Pokemon Quest Version SV is based off Pokemon Red and Blue.

Features
- Same storyline from Pokemon Red and Pokemon Blue with Pokemon Firered and Leafgreen too.
- Takes Place in the Kanto Region
- All Pokemon obtainable without trading
- Pokemon Red and Blue TMs
- Pokemon Red and Blue Kanto Region Pokemon Sprites
- Pokemon Gold, Pokemon Silver, and Pokemon Crystal Johto Region Pokemon Sprites
- Pokemon Red and Blue attacks for Kanto Region Pokemon
- Able to visit the back of the S.S. Anne Dock with the Truck
- New Safari Zone Pokemon
- New Pokemon Locations
- New places to discover
- New features
and more...

Screenshots

Videos

Pokemon Quest Version Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYn7rHs6cxA
Pokemon Quest Version Full Version - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkH2eoADPNw
Pokemon Quest Version 151 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ7iVyUrXvY
Pokemon Quest Version SV - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsH0tnk4U64

Bugs and Glitches
Boulder doesn't appear in Seaform Islands "Pokemon Quest Verison 151 SV"

Attached Files
File Type: zip Pokemon Quest Version.zip (454.5 KB, 45 views)
File Type: zip Pokemon Quest Version 151.zip (479.0 KB, 25 views)
File Type: zip Pokemon Quest Version 151 SV.zip (488.2 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by TyHawk4501; 11th February 2015 at 12:17 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 8th February 2015, 12:35 PM   #2
Banjora Marxvile
Champ in the Making
Ex-Staff

Banjora Marxvile

I'm going to say this, you need to work on your choice of tiles and stuff. I understand what you are trying to do with your maps but they look quite unpolished sadly, especially the border blocks for some of them, which have square hedges/ledges etc. it just doesn't look great to do that.

Tile error here, the cave entrance is badly placed (look at actual cave entrances to see what I mean)

May want to fix the pallettes on this, it should be an easy "find the pallette offset, edit the colors" but I'm not sure.

Example of the border blocks which I disagree with. Also, Kyogre has tile errors for the waterfall as it looks strangely placed, Entei has tie errors as you blend the light and dark versions of the ground sometimes which looks obvious and wrong. Rayquaza the rocks by the stairs has the incorrect ground tile behind it, as well as the stairs themselves being unnecessary.

Only border block I do like that is that style is Raikou's as that is a man made environment so can make sense to do that. The rest are natural areas which wouldn't have that.

Hey, my name is Banjora Marxvile.
I am the Moderator of the ROM Hacks section on this site.
If you have any questions or anything you want tto ask, please don't hesitate.
Likes GoGoJJTech, Nex liked this post
Old 8th February 2015, 07:27 PM   #3
TyHawk4501
Legend

TyHawk4501

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjora Marxvile View Post
I'm going to say this, you need to work on your choice of tiles and stuff. I understand what you are trying to do with your maps but they look quite unpolished sadly, especially the border blocks for some of them, which have square hedges/ledges etc. it just doesn't look great to do that.

Tile error here, the cave entrance is badly placed (look at actual cave entrances to see what I mean)

May want to fix the pallettes on this, it should be an easy "find the pallette offset, edit the colors" but I'm not sure.

Example of the border blocks which I disagree with. Also, Kyogre has tile errors for the waterfall as it looks strangely placed, Entei has tie errors as you blend the light and dark versions of the ground sometimes which looks obvious and wrong. Rayquaza the rocks by the stairs has the incorrect ground tile behind it, as well as the stairs themselves being unnecessary.

Only border block I do like that is that style is Raikou's as that is a man made environment so can make sense to do that. The rest are natural areas which wouldn't have that.
I understand what you mean and I appreciate your support. I'll fix those border blocks and tile errors. Thank you for helping me out

Tags
pokemon, pokemon hacks, pokemonadventures, pokemons, quest, version, [GBA]