PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Discussion Board > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Feel like chilling and talking about random stuff? General Discussion is the place for you!

Old 10th December 2014, 10:09 PM   #1
Alice
ClariS <3
Style AdminstratorAdministratorPHO VIP

Alice Alice
Default Pokémon Y: Eevee Edition

This is just a little challenge run I'm going to be doing. I got the idea from recent conversations I've seen saying Gen 6 is too easy, coupled with my love for Eevee. I'll be posting updates every now and then, such as if I wipe or when I achieve one of the milestones listed below.

The Run

The run will be focused around hopefully making my playthrough of Pokémon Y harder and therefore more fun. I got Y a few months ago but I stopped playing at around the 4th Gym because I had already beaten X and I spent way more time playing that. The main focus of this run will be around my favourite Pokémon, Eevee.

The Rules

Now, this wouldn't be a challenge run without rules. I won't really be using nuzlocke rules or anything like that, but I've restricted myself a bit with this run.
  • The only Pokémon to be used in battles is Eevee (this rule applies from when Eevee is level 5)
  • This Eevee nay not be evolved at any point
  • Super Training, Pokémon Amie and the Exp. Share must be used
  • The run will not end upon a wipe, however a record of each time a wipe happens must be kept
  • HM Slaves are allowed (this should be obvious from the first rule but y'know, thought I'd clarify now)
  • Not really a rule, but I've set the game language to Japanese (which I don't understand) to increase the difficulty and therefore increase the fun

The Eevee

The Eevee I will be using has been specially bred for this challenge (took me a while but y'know). It is currently still an egg but I've checked it's IVs etc already by saving and then hatching it and checking them out. Its ability is Adaptability, Nature is Jolly, and it has perfect IVs in HP, Attack, Defence, Special Defence and Speed. I will be EV training it with 236 EVs in both Attack and Speed and 36 in Defence. It is also female, but y'know.

Milestones

Run Started [x] (11th December 2014)
Bug Badge [x] (12th December 2014)
Cliff Badge [x] (14th December 2014)
Rumble Badge [x] (14th December 2014)
Grass Badge [x] (14th December 2014)
Voltage Badge [x] (15th December 2014)
Fairy Badge [x] (17th December 2014)
Psychic Badge [x] (18th December 2014)
Iceberg Badge [x] (19th December 2014)
Become the Champion [x] (19th December 2014)
Reached Level 100 [x] (16th December 2014)
Caught Yveltal [x] (18th December 2014)
Caught Mewtwo [x] (20th December 2014)
Caught Zygarde [x] (20th December 2014)
Caught Articuno [x] (19th December 2014)
Caught All Y Exclusive Pokémon []
Found All Mega Stones [x] (20th December 2014)
Defeated Diantha with the Black Writ of Challenge in the Battle Château []

"I dreamt that you were a dog. And the dog was my husband. Anyway, it was the worst dream ever." — Aisaka Taiga

Last edited by Alice; 20th December 2014 at 02:55 AM.
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11th December 2014, 03:50 AM   #2
Full Metal ★
Unstable?
Ex-StaffPHO VIP

Full Metal ★ Full Metal ★

Quote:
Not really a rule, but I've set the game language to Japanese (which I don't understand) to increase the difficulty and therefore increase the fun
well, you're not wrong. I see your Japanese and raise you one Korean.

★ full metal.

#busy
Full Metal ★ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2014, 07:38 PM   #3
Alice
ClariS <3

Alice Alice

I'm gonna have to amend the rules slightly because I forgot about eggs hatching into level 1 Pokémon :L The Eevee only rule applies from when Eevee turns level 5, so I can actually train it without it dying immediately

"I dreamt that you were a dog. And the dog was my husband. Anyway, it was the worst dream ever." — Aisaka Taiga
Likes Luna, Fullmetal liked this post
Old 12th December 2014, 01:29 PM   #4
Alice
ClariS <3

Alice Alice

Just a quick update to say I beat Viola this morning. I also just got Return, which is handy because Eevee has just started trying to evolve into Espeon/Umbreon. I'll update the OP to say about the badge later

Likes Luna liked this post
Old 14th December 2014, 12:47 AM   #5
Alice
ClariS <3

Alice Alice

Another update: Just beat Grant and got the Cliff Badge. Was a bit worried because I didn't have anything that was super effective against Rock but his Amaura and Tyrunt went down in 2 Returns each, netting me the badge.

Edit: Just took out Korrina too, so that's the Rumble Badge gotten too. That's both the leaders I was actually a little worried about out of the way, the rest of the game should be a cakewalk now. I'm actually a little disappointed :L

Also I got the Eviolite before the gym so Eevee is pretty much beastmoding now (well not really beastmode but it hits pretty damn hard and can tank even STAB fighting type moves so y'know..)

Edit 2: Blah blah Ramos. Grass Badge (?) get. They really group together those gyms huh? 3 gyms pretty much in a row.

Edit 3: Yeah...so I got distracted and Eevee evolved into Espeon. Restarted but I basically just lost all of my progress today. Gonna take a break I think...don't really feel like getting back to where I was..

Last edited by Alice; 14th December 2014 at 03:56 AM.
Old 15th December 2014, 07:09 PM   #6
Alice
ClariS <3

Alice Alice

Got back up to where I was before yesterday, now I've just gotten the Voltage Badge. I've spent a lot of time in the Battle Château and I'm now a Marchioness (and Eevee is level 74...). Gonna try and get to Duchess and then I'll head off to the next gym.

Old 17th December 2014, 02:13 AM   #7
Alice
ClariS <3

Alice Alice

Not much happened today cos I didn't play much, but I did achieve one milestone. Eevee is now Level 100...not really sure how it happened but yeah, no more pressing B after every few battles for me! In non-milestone related news, I also achieved the rank of Grand Duchess in the Battle Château. I've decided to add another milestone to the list in relation to this. Due to Black Writ Diantha being the highest levelled trainer in the game, it makes sense to add defeating her to the list of milestones. I don't know how possible it will be since that'll give her level 80 Pokémon including her Mega Gardevoir, but it'll be interesting to find out.

Edit: Valerie beaten, Fairy Badge get. I'm gonna be adding yet another milestone to the list since I'm planning on doing it anyway. The new milestone will be to get all the Y exclusive Pokémon. This means: Shellder, Omanyte, Kabuto, Heracross, Larvitar, Electrike, Purrloin, Throh, Spritzee and Skrelp (since mega stones and Yveltal are already on the list, Mega Charizard Y and Yveltal are already included).

Last edited by Alice; 17th December 2014 at 06:38 PM.
Old 18th December 2014, 12:29 AM   #8
Alice
ClariS <3

Alice Alice

Olympia beaten, the Psychic Badge is now mine (they really went all out with naming these things huh?). Next stop...I don't actually know...I thiiiiink I'm supposed to go to Lumiose but I played X like a year ago so I don't actually remember what I'm supposed to do here. This could be interesting :L

Edit: Yveltal get...yeah that's about all I have to say regarding that. In the fight after catching it I immediately switched into Eevee and beat Lysandre with her rather than Yveltal.

Last edited by Alice; 18th December 2014 at 02:47 AM.
Old 19th December 2014, 01:18 AM   #9
Alice
ClariS <3

Alice Alice

Wulfric down, so that means it's now time for Victory Road and the Elite 4 I believe. I don't really see this being much of an issue but I've been wrong before. (though to be fair the only time Eevee has really come close to fainting was in the Battle Chateau around 50 levels ago).

Edit: Welp, I just beat the Champion (and AZ). Thought I'd come give a quick update while the credits are rolling. The Elite 4 was a cakewalk for the most part, but Wilstrom(?) put up a bit of a fight. Aegislash nearly wiped me, but I managed to stall him out with max potions (yeah I wasted money on max potions :L) and then his Probopass got me down to 4HP while I was grinding him down because he switched tactics at the last moment. All in all though I'm pretty pleased so far, the Elite 4 wasn't as challenging as I'd hoped, but the real goal is Black Writ Diantha. Not gonna lie though, that Wilstrom fight had my heart in my throat, I really didn't expect anyone to put up much of a fight. I wont say gg yet, because I've still got a few more things to do, but yeah. It's been a good run.

Last edited by Alice; 19th December 2014 at 08:40 PM.
Old 20th December 2014, 01:53 AM   #10
Alice
ClariS <3

Alice Alice

Just caught Mewtwo, and by extension got Mewtwonite Y. That completes my collection of Mega Stones, so two milestones completed in one go (totally didn't set it up to do that, didn't take me hours of searching for all the stones before I went to get Mewtwo at all).

Tags
edition, eevee, pokemon