PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Other Generations Hacking > Tools, Utilities & Resources

Tools, Utilities & Resources Get tools that help you create and ease the process of creating and modifying. Share resources for people to use in their hack.

Old 4th January 2017, 11:50 AM   #1
The_Learner
Trying to be the best!

The_Learner
Default TL's Quick Enhancer

Hello Guys,
Its me "The_Learner", back again amongst you, but this time with a tool made by me....

Spoiler:
I am a programming student(Its only been a month since I started programming though)..
With the help of this thread ----> https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=334348
I tried to create my own tool....

so I came up with this tool which I called "TL's Quick Enhancer"

Supported rom:
Fire Red and Emerald for now!
I am planning to stick with these two only, as most of the hackers use only these bases for making a rom-hack.

Screenshots (May change with further releases):

Current Features(Apply):
  1. Running shoes Indoor
  2. EV cap reduction to 252
  3. Egg hatch level(1)
  4. Catch pokemon experience gain
  5. Critical Hit update to gen 6 mechanics
  6. Pokedex glitch fix [FR]
  7. Nature affected stats color
I was able to make the tool to do these thing in the very first stage by modifying the original codes and studying the codes a bit more.

Features Planned:
  1. fairy type implementaion
  2. Pss icons
  3. Repel System (BW and my own modified one)
  4. Poison Survival
  5. Reusable TM
  6. IV display
  7. and many more fixes and improvements done in the Pokecommunity
But to do these of course I will most probably need some time to learn the programming language and of-course some experties help..

Well as I already said before, this is just an initial release to inform you guys about my project, try to ignore some text and graphics bugs in the tools i.e. the icon and gramatical error....
but if you encounter any bugs in the rom after using this tool then pls inform me....
Code:
NOTE: I am not sure but as far as I am concerned it would require some how latest version of net.framework... but not sure about the exact version
For any programmer who want to help me:
Spoiler:
Well for the fact that if ever any one want to help me in developing or want the codes to be improved then the codes are available in my github... "click here"
well the codes I used to release this tool are under the "my code"
my github is also linked in my signature

I even attached the initial release with the OP.
Be sure to check it and inform me
Attached Files
File Type: zip TL's Quick Enhancer.zip (77.8 KB, 9 views)

The_Learner is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Sky0fBlades liked this post
Sponsored Links
Old 12th January 2017, 06:21 AM   #2
Sky0fBlades
Emerald Hacker

Sky0fBlades

Thanks for taking the time to create such an interesting and useful program. It appears to address some of the trickier and more unique ways to modify these games. If I learned enough programming, this would be like something I would probably make. Nice job, keep it up.

Also I tested it out and if you need help with getting the "Catch Pokémon EXP Gain" working with Emerald so you can implement it, I can make a patch (.IPS) to send you with the changes I made, or a document showing the necessary changes (I'm not too familiar with GitHub project files at the moment), since I managed to get it working properly in that game. It was a long time ago but I remember it proving to be a little trickier than it looked and there were some issues with it off the bat. I had initially used the method someone had posted in a very old forum topic somewhere.

Last edited by Sky0fBlades; 12th January 2017 at 07:04 PM.
Sky0fBlades is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2017, 10:49 AM   #3
The_Learner
Trying to be the best!

The_Learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky0fBlades View Post
Thanks for taking the time to create such an interesting and useful program. It appears to address some of the trickier and more unique ways to modify these games. If I learned enough programming, this would be like something I would probably make. Nice job, keep it up.

Also I tested it out and if you need help with getting the "Catch Pokémon EXP Gain" working with Emerald so you can implement it, I can make a patch (.IPS) to send you with the changes I made, or a document showing the necessary changes (I'm not too familiar with GitHub project files at the moment), since I managed to get it working properly in that game. It was a long time ago but I remember it proving to be a little trickier than it looked and there were some issues with it off the bat. I had initially used the method someone had posted in a very old forum topic somewhere.
Sorry for late reply,
as I had not logged in for few days,
and If would be very helpful if you send those code for "Catch Pokémon EXP Gain" (EM) to me,
or its even ok with me if you just send the .ips file (But I assume in that ips file you will have only added that feature.... anyways I would love to recieve some help.)
and one more thing... I have already updated this tool with much more interesting features.. i.e. I changed the file in attachment
Attached Files
File Type: zip TL's Quick Enhancer.zip (175.6 KB, 1 views)

Old 16th January 2017, 10:03 PM   #4
Sky0fBlades
Emerald Hacker

Sky0fBlades

I realized it would be easier for both of us if I just copy-pasted a tiny document I put together (in the Spoiler). As noted in the document though, the PokéDex text (after level-up) issue when using the EXP hack is still a problem in Emerald.

Also with the IVs display for FireRed, might it be possible for it to be ported to Emerald too in a future release?
Spoiler:
1) PART #1 - WRITE TO FREE SPACE:
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
2E 90 44 02 02 00 2E AC 40 02 02 00 2E AD 40 02 02 00 23 00 10 0D 01 3A 2E 32 43 02 02 00 F3 C2 BD 2D 08 F0 13 7A C9 5C 08 12 40 00 28 C3 BD 2D 08

2) PART #2 - WRITE TO FREE SPACE (XXs should be replaced with pointer to the PART #1 data):
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
2A 00 08 42 02 02 05 00 92 BD 2D 08 60 0B 10 0B 01 F1 [XX XX XX] 08 2E 90 44 02 02 00 2E AC 40 02 02 00 2E AD 40 02 02 00 23 00 10 0F 01 3A 2E 32 43 02 02 00 F2 10 0D 01 3A 2E 32 43 02 02 00 F3 C2 BD 2D 08 F0 13 7A C9 5C 08 12 40 00 28 C3 BD 2D 08

3) Change both pointers @ 0x565B4 and 0x5666C from "84 BD 2D" to a pointer to the offset for the second set of bytes (prevents skipping of exp increase if caught Pokemon is new to the PokéDex).

4) Then change the bytes at 0x3DE7C to say B5 DE 03 08 (to allow evolving after catching).

NOTE: Just like with FireRed, the problem with the PokéDex shifting text after a level-up still exists however.

Judging by the huge update you've made it's come a long way already, and it's more than just useful at this point. I've already added it to my main tools folder, it's that good! So many features I wish I'd known about. Very nice splash-screen too, quick and clean.

Last edited by Sky0fBlades; 16th January 2017 at 11:52 PM.
Old 17th January 2017, 03:40 AM   #5
The_Learner
Trying to be the best!

The_Learner

Quote:
I realized it would be easier for both of us if I just copy-pasted a tiny document I put together (in the Spoiler). As noted in the document though, the PokéDex text (after level-up) issue when using the EXP hack is still a problem in Emerald.

Also with the IVs display for FireRed, might it be possible for it to be ported to Emerald too in a future release?
Spoiler:
1) PART #1 - WRITE TO FREE SPACE:
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
2E 90 44 02 02 00 2E AC 40 02 02 00 2E AD 40 02 02 00 23 00 10 0D 01 3A 2E 32 43 02 02 00 F3 C2 BD 2D 08 F0 13 7A C9 5C 08 12 40 00 28 C3 BD 2D 08

2) PART #2 - WRITE TO FREE SPACE (XXs should be replaced with pointer to the PART #1 data):
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
2A 00 08 42 02 02 05 00 92 BD 2D 08 60 0B 10 0B 01 F1 [XX XX XX] 08 2E 90 44 02 02 00 2E AC 40 02 02 00 2E AD 40 02 02 00 23 00 10 0F 01 3A 2E 32 43 02 02 00 F2 10 0D 01 3A 2E 32 43 02 02 00 F3 C2 BD 2D 08 F0 13 7A C9 5C 08 12 40 00 28 C3 BD 2D 08

3) Change both pointers @ 0x565B4 and 0x5666C from "84 BD 2D" to a pointer to the offset for the second set of bytes (prevents skipping of exp increase if caught Pokemon is new to the PokéDex).

4) Then change the bytes at 0x3DE7C to say B5 DE 03 08 (to allow evolving after catching).

NOTE: Just like with FireRed, the problem with the PokéDex shifting text after a level-up still exists however.

Judging by the huge update you've made it's come a long way already, and it's more than just useful at this point. I've already added it to my main tools folder, it's that good! So many features I wish I'd known about. Very nice splash-screen too, quick and clean.
I think the text shifting is also solved somewhere,
so I was searching for those bytes,
still its ok with these codes for now.
thanks for that

Quote:
and about it,
I am not good at asm,
so the only thing I can do is apply the features developed by others in my tool, but not myself develope some finding..
so yes if anyone will ever port the iv display to emerald then I will apply it in my tool..

Quote:
once again thanks for those

Old 25th January 2017, 07:35 PM   #6
Sky0fBlades
Emerald Hacker

Sky0fBlades

Hey TL, about that new Repel system you are planning to add to your tool (not the BW one)... I'm curious, how does it work? Though I do understand if you want to keep it as a surprise for when it's released.

Last edited by Sky0fBlades; 25th January 2017 at 07:48 PM.
Old 28th January 2017, 10:01 AM   #7
The_Learner
Trying to be the best!

The_Learner

Quote:
Hey TL, about that new Repel system you are planning to add to your tool (not the BW one)... I'm curious, how does it work? Though I do understand if you want to keep it as a surprise for when it's released.
Its not so new,
But with more advanced than the bw repel system..

When an repel expires you can choose from any of repel, super-repel and max-repel from choice box...

And there is nothing suprise in my tool

Its even open for making requests.

Old 16th February 2017, 04:15 AM   #8
Gamer2020
What does this button do?.....
PHO VIP

Gamer2020

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpo...&postcount=116

Tags
enhancer, quick, [Enhancement]