PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Discussion Board > Archive

Notices

Archive Old threads that serve no purpose are here.

Old 10th December 2013, 12:28 AM   #21
karatekid552
What does this button do?.....
Ex-Staff

karatekid552 karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniilS View Post
The code is on there, don't worry. However, it may be me, but I don't really understand what all those routines do/are supposed to do, and how formes are stored.

Also, what about new evolution methods? Are they included? Are you using the format Hackmew offered some years ago?

EDIT: Also, shouldn't Deoxys and Rotom be listed in the same method of forme change category?
Trust me, I don't even know what most of that code does. Jambo didn't comment anything, but he always thought he would finish it, so it didn't seem necessary to make documentation. As I find stuff, I will be commenting code as I need it. This can be seen in the poison heal asm files. In all honesty, I know nothing about the formes. That requires some heavy research on my part to figure out how he did them. He did tell me, however, that for formes that store their data in the pokemon data (like rotom) and are not loaded through math, that it is the only unused byte in pokemon data. The issue here is, I have no idea which byte that is.
Sponsored Links
Old 10th December 2013, 08:57 AM   #22
daniilS
VIP
PHO VIP

daniilS

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
Trust me, I don't even know what most of that code does. Jambo didn't comment anything, but he always thought he would finish it, so it didn't seem necessary to make documentation. As I find stuff, I will be commenting code as I need it. This can be seen in the poison heal asm files. In all honesty, I know nothing about the formes. That requires some heavy research on my part to figure out how he did them. He did tell me, however, that for formes that store their data in the pokemon data (like rotom) and are not loaded through math, that it is the only unused byte in pokemon data. The issue here is, I have no idea which byte that is.
Well, according to bulbapedia there's a ???? halfword in the pokemon data, that seems to be padding. I'd use that myself, won't be surprised if Jambo51 did too. And could you try and find evolution methods code?

IMPORTANT UPDATE:
So I looked through the rotom routine, and discovered the byte used for formes is... mark!? That's, umm... original, Jambo. However, after more research, I discovered it uses the first four unused mark bits. Strangely, when getting a rotom, it sometimes gets the checksum value 22, giving it a square mark and wash forme, so his routine has a bug somewhere. More information following.

UPDATE: Just talked to Jambo, he says that's corruption in the givepokemon routine, not his. I will look at it.

Last edited by daniilS; 10th December 2013 at 05:29 PM.
Old 19th December 2013, 05:51 PM   #23
daniilS
VIP
PHO VIP

daniilS

Question: will new/old pokeballs be included?
Old 19th December 2013, 09:09 PM   #24
karatekid552
Ex-Staff

As of right now, no. However, if I can get this stable in a reasonable amount of time, I will think about adding new features.
Old 19th December 2013, 09:11 PM   #25
karatekid552
Ex-Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniilS View Post
Well, according to bulbapedia there's a ???? halfword in the pokemon data, that seems to be padding. I'd use that myself, won't be surprised if Jambo51 did too. And could you try and find evolution methods code?

IMPORTANT UPDATE:
So I looked through the rotom routine, and discovered the byte used for formes is... mark!? That's, umm... original, Jambo. However, after more research, I discovered it uses the first four unused mark bits. Strangely, when getting a rotom, it sometimes gets the checksum value 22, giving it a square mark and wash forme, so his routine has a bug somewhere. More information following.

UPDATE: Just talked to Jambo, he says that's corruption in the givepokemon routine, not his. I will look at it.
We have noticed this with the starter pokemon. Upon creating a pokemon, there are several bugs:

-It can have no ability if the secondary is blank.
-Square mark.
-I think there was one more I can't remember.
Old 19th December 2013, 10:56 PM   #26
icyman

icyman

So I decompiled advance map to see why it stops at chimecho and found nothing. My guess is that burmy's forms is causing it to stop recognizing it as a pokemon (and stop at chimecho). PGE crashes when you click on burmy, which supports my theory. I think this advance map problem could be fixed by moving burmy's data to the very end of the list and moving each pokemon after up. That way, you only have to hex edit a couple of pokemon (burmy and basculin/melodia might be the same). I'm not familiar with where data is located in the pokemon rom. If anyone can point me to where I can find this or fix it themselves, would be much appreciated.

When I check the use jambo's moves option in PGE, the pokemon editor doesn't load. If I don't check it, I get corrupted moves. Checking the jambo's TM/HM button makes it longer to load. Does it take really long to load with jambo's moves or am I doing something wrong?

Edit: It seems like A-Trainer has the same problem. Would probably fix a lot of hacking tools.

Last edited by icyman; 19th December 2013 at 11:56 PM.
Old 20th December 2013, 12:01 AM   #27
karatekid552
Ex-Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by icyman View Post
So I decompiled advance map to see why it stops at chimecho and found nothing. My guess is that burmy's forms is causing it to stop recognizing it as a pokemon (and stop at chimecho). PGE crashes when you click on burmy, which supports my theory. I think this advance map problem could be fixed by moving burmy's data to the very end of the list and moving each pokemon after up. That way, you only have to hex edit a couple of pokemon (burmy and basculin/melodia might be the same). I'm not familiar with where data is located in the pokemon rom. If anyone can point me to where I can find this or fix it themselves, would be much appreciated.

When I check the use jambo's moves option in PGE, the pokemon editor doesn't load. If I don't check it, I get corrupted moves. Checking the jambo's TM/HM button makes it longer to load. Does it take really long to load with jambo's moves or am I doing something wrong?

Edit: It seems like A-Trainer has the same problem. Would probably fix a lot of hacking tools.
Those programs literally cannot see the new pokemon. They are hard coded for only 386 pokemon, and don't load past that. This has been discussed many times before and is one of the reasons that new tools like Jambo51's Trainer Editor were created.

I am currently working on a new rom hacking suite that will be able to load all of this stuff and more with complete support for expansion. Until then, a hex editor is your best friend.
Old 20th December 2013, 07:32 AM   #28
daniilS
VIP
PHO VIP

daniilS

Don't forget about the mighty Map Editor of Happiness! Coming soon.
Old 26th December 2013, 06:42 AM   #29
GOLDstandard

GOLDstandard

So I am no hacking or ASM savant, but I had an idea for a new way to handle forms. My idea is to change it so that pokemon with multiple forms will be saved (when caught) with one primary "main form" acting as the pokemon that is viewed by the dex, the party, in battle so on. In the word of padding after checksum in the pokemon data, we add an ingame check that loads the correct form in battle depending on the value stored in that padding byte. SO lets say we catch a rotom. Our added ASM stores not only the normal rotom pokemon that we caught, but also generates a duplicate rotom for each of the respective varieties. Then, when our rotom gets into a battle, the game checks the padding, and if its FF (like all the non-form pokemon will be), the game just continues business as usual. However, lets say we assign this version of rotom as rotom 00 and the game checks that and loads rotom version 00. If we assign 01, 02, 03 to the other forms, this would be a somewhat easy way to have multiple forms under the same pokemon and this also allows for easy ingame asm scripts to just manipulate that byte thus manipulating the pokemon forms. AND if we wanted to create an held item to change forms (coupled with the animation for transform for nice style points ) we could incorporate mega evolution and arceus, giratina, and shaymin. The only problem i see immediately is how exp and evs would be shared over the multiple pokes, but im sure there's a solution to that problem.

Maybe i'm just a psycho and have no idea what im talking about, but it made sense to me lol

Last edited by GOLDstandard; 26th December 2013 at 06:52 AM.
Old 26th December 2013, 12:55 PM   #30
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka
Ex-Staff

Jambo51

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDstandard View Post
Snipped for brevity
This is basically what the game already does, I should know, I coded it. XD

Tags
649, patch, [General]