PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Discussion Board > Archive

Notices

Archive Old threads that serve no purpose are here.

Old 9th July 2011, 10:39 AM   #11
Varion
Tell me a good joke ...

Varion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimchar 9 View Post
That's Manipulation's Rom base! I think you should give credit to him too, don't you?

Anyway, it's looking good. I like the scripts so far, though, the mapping needs improving.

Good luck

Regardz, Chimchar 9. (;
Oh yes D: *credit given*
I forgot that thanks for reminding me ;3

...and I'll tell you all you want te know!
Sponsored Links
Old 9th July 2011, 06:07 PM   #12
Spherical Ice
cacti

Spherical Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammtehPanda View Post
Time.
People say time travel is impossible others say we are constantly travelling forward in time as we live our lives.
Many try to create new ways to travel in time. So far only two ways are known. But they aren't the safest ways. Celebi and Dialga. Two mortal foes travelling through time if they were one day to meet. An epic had fateful battle shall begin.Lives will be taken. Towns will be destoryed. Will a hero rise to save the Aurom Region?
Quite a catching way to start your story, but how can Celebi and Dialga be mortal foes if they've not met yet? The grammar doesn't completely make sense in this paragraph anyway, but this is a good scene setter, so kudos there.

Quote:
Congratulations! You turned 14 last week! Therefore you can recieve your first pokemon. And about time to in your eyes.Your two childhood friends ALice and Mike got their pokemon months before you. But they stayed in Rogue town to annoy you. But now yours and their quest begins.
Again, some proofreading would make this seem so much more professional. Alice and Mike aren't exactly the most original names, but that's nitpicking. Also, Rogue Town...really? That's like calling a town Killer Town or something. :/

Quote:
Return of Team Plasma and other enemies! - All evil is agaisnt you here!
G/S Songs! - Because they rocked!
Choose a new type match-up for starters - Fighting - Dark - Physhic
Explore Mount.TimeLock - where time has frozen in a GB/GBC state.
Enjoy a new never used before Storyline!
Team Plasma and other enemies is kind of vain but I can't complain. Though wouldn't it make more sense for Team Galactic to return seeing as the story assumably revolves around time, Celebi and Dialga. For the GS songs, some of theme are already in FR but I assume you mean all of them, so okay. I'm really opposed to the Fighting-Dark-Psychic (not Physhic) triangle, as it isn't a triangle, but whatever. Mt. Timelock isn't a very original name but it's a nice idea, and the last feature is just plain stupid.

Quote:
This map looks pretty bland and the path's colours are hardly contrasted, though this is a ROM Base so what can I say?
Quote:
Again, the map looks pretty empty.
Quote:
Well, you've got a tile clash here as the interior tiles don't match the outdoor tiles. Also, Professor Wright should have blue text when he speaks as he is a male.
Quote:
Same as above.
Quote:
You should probably edit the grass properly or stick with the old tiles. The place where the player is is empty, and could do with some small trees and flowers.
Quote:
Again, some flowers etc. could help fill some of the space, and generally cut trees look better diagonally when in twos.
Quote:
Not much to say here, though, again, you could do with some flowers.
Quote:
Again, fix the grass and add flowers.
Quote:
It looks OK, but could still do with some flowers. Also, mix up the area with short trees by throwing in a large tree too.
Quote:
Not much to say here, though you could do with more people imo.
Quote:
Super empty space here.
Quote:
You should probably widen the ledges and give the player a break from the constant long grass.
Old 9th July 2011, 10:08 PM   #13
Varion
Tell me a good joke ...

Varion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
Quite a catching way to start your story, but how can Celebi and Dialga be mortal foes if they've not met yet? The grammar doesn't completely make sense in this paragraph anyway, but this is a good scene setter, so kudos there. In the actual game you find out why they are foes ... via time travel

Again, some proofreading would make this seem so much more professional. Alice and Mike aren't exactly the most original names, but that's nitpicking. Also, Rogue Town...really? That's like calling a town Killer Town or something. :/
*roque town it was suppose to be ... I'll change it.
and Alice and mike happen to be some of my close friends. Most of the people in this hack will be named off of people i know. Once i run out of friends ... I'll start the brain storming.

Team Plasma and other enemies is kind of vain but I can't complain. Though wouldn't it make more sense for Team Galactic to return seeing as the story assumably revolves around time, Celebi and Dialga. For the GS songs, some of theme are already in FR but I assume you mean all of them, so okay. I'm really opposed to the Fighting-Dark-Psychic (not Physhic) triangle, as it isn't a triangle, but whatever. Mt. Timelock isn't a very original name but it's a nice idea, and the last feature is just plain stupid.
I've kinda changed the story to a different team.
But, I like the idea of Team galactic. So, uhh thanks for the idea <3
Yay GS songs. And there's only 3 (to my knowledge) of GS songs in FR
How is it not a triangle. Fighting beats Dark which beats Psychic which beats fighting?
Name = WIP
...Derp?

This map looks pretty bland and the path's colours are hardly contrasted, though this is a ROM Base so what can I say?Again, the map looks pretty empty.More tiles to be inserted
Well, you've got a tile clash here as the interior tiles don't match the outdoor tiles.Above Comment
Also, Professor Wright should have blue text when he speaks as he is a male.
To be discussed with scripter
Same as above.Above?
You should probably edit the grass properly or stick with the old tiles.
I'll look into changing grass.(not promising much).The place where the player is is empty, and could do with some small trees and flowers.
To be inserted Again, some flowers etc. could help fill some of the space, and generally cut trees look better diagonally when in twos.Not much to say here, though, again, you could do with some flowers.above. and ok.
Again, fix the grass and add flowers.
Above!It looks OK, but could still do with some flowers.
Above!!!! D: Also, mix up the area with short trees by throwing in a large tree too.kaii
Not much to say here, though you could do with more people imo.I haven't done much here as you can see in the first post the second city is 0% scripted but more people will be there.
Super empty space here.more to be inserted You should probably widen the ledges and give the player a break from the constant long grass.
This "long constant grass" is not actually that long. it's like the size of that screenshot. Maybe a couple blocks bigger. like 2or3 bigger
Comments in bold xD

Old 9th July 2011, 11:09 PM   #14
Varion
Tell me a good joke ...

Varion

Update:

I decided a mountain feel was required for Route 2 & 3 since Route 3 will have a cave
thoughts anyone?

Old 11th July 2011, 01:33 PM   #15
Varion
Tell me a good joke ...

Varion

Route 3 (plenty of trainers for y'all!)

Old 13th July 2011, 10:34 PM   #16
Varion
Tell me a good joke ...

Varion

Added more of a mountain sense to route 3 and finished mapping it.

Old 15th July 2011, 12:25 AM   #17
HunterCrash
ROM Hacker

HunterCrash

Quote:

Added more of a mountain sense to route 3 and finished mapping it.
If you already have flowers inserted, why does your screenshot lack flowers?
Old 15th July 2011, 10:36 AM   #18
Varion
Tell me a good joke ...

Varion

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Raided View Post
If you already have flowers inserted, why does your screenshot lack flowers?
Well, Because it's near a cave. Generally you wouldn't plant flowers near a cave or mountain.
There's some flowers on the left side of the route.
But to please you ...
Two earlier screenshots with flowers in them.

Old 16th July 2011, 10:25 PM   #19
Varion
Tell me a good joke ...

Varion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenbud View Post
the hack looks pretty good overall, the scripts look good too. I hope this hack goes good. :3
Thanks

==UPDATE==

Okayy ... Lots of work to do
Going to REMAP everything you have seen so far also my rom crashed so i got a new rombase as well coz i felt like it. xD All i done so far is Roque town Route 1 and cloroe city

I feel good about the maps now

Old 17th August 2011, 06:20 PM   #20
?pri

?pri is on a distinguished road

i like this game. overall nice tiles and pallet's i love the story and name. is it still being worked on? and is there a diferent grass animation? cant waut to see if this ****inues and to see how far it goes

Tags
GBA:, pok?mon, pokemon, pokmon, time, version, [GBA]