PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Discussion Board > Archive

Notices

Archive Old threads that serve no purpose are here.

Old 16th January 2012, 06:58 AM   #1
SK3
Neophyte

SK3
Talking Pokemon Daydream White Version

Pokémon Daydream White

Info

Hack of Pokemon Fire Red version
Created by SK3

Storyline

Dreams. Are they simply images displayed from your subconscious, or are they much more?

This is a question asked by many. Some people believe the former, but Team Lucid believes the latter. They believe in the legend of the Daydream Flute, a flute said to open a portal to a world where the secrets of the universe are obtainable, where the very concept of reality is questioned. However, according to the same legend, this flute was hidden centuries ago by the original one, in a dimension completely separate from time and space. The dimension many people access when they go to sleep at night, but never are able to fully explore. The dimension of dreams.

Just when Team Lucid begins to unravel the mystery of the Daydream Flute, a 14 year old gets their first Pokémon in Aubranch Town. Little did this teenager know, they would be destined to go on the journey of their dreams, figuratively and literally.

Features
  • All new region!
  • Epic storyline!
  • Fire Red tiles (because a beautiful game can still be made with FR tiles)
  • Day and Night system!
  • Multiple rivals!
  • 3 different endings!
  • New sprites!
  • New music!

Music

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...ature=view_all

Screens

Team Members
  • SK3: Founder, mapping, scripting, music, storyline, etc
  • BlixxNova: Spriting
  • Shirobon: Music and music insertion
  • JillSandwich93: Music
  • JingoChip: Music
Credits!
  • Kitsunemeido (http://kitsunemeido.deviantart.com/): Art/Designing
  • Nintendork15 (OW Sprites)
  • dudedude1/Speedster: General advice, helping me out and being a good friend, plus made a titlescreen for us
  • Ęℓαчиıı: Banner

• If I left you out, please tell me! I want to credit everybody that has helped out!

Notes

• I restarted this hack, to make it more enjoyable, but since progress started from scratch, I don't expect the beta to be released until late this year/early next year.
  • The secret endings I talked about will be elaborated on earlier, two will be available when the game is finished and the super secret ending will be available to the first 30 people to beat the entire game when it's finished.
  • We do need some help with production, if you are interested please PM or VM me, or post on our thread in Team Discussions.
Likes muhd123 liked this post
Sponsored Links
Old 16th January 2012, 07:12 AM   #2
~Leach//.
Junior Trainer

~Leach//.

Wow! Nice mapping, storyline, and scripting! ^^ Good luck on this! I'll be looking forward to play it. xD xD

~Major credit to kaitoKid(from SH.)

~Credits to JayPub
Old 16th January 2012, 11:46 AM   #3
Plasma Celebi
Beginner

Plasma Celebi is on a distinguished road

I like the style of your mapping, the way you fit in the new tiles with FR LG tiles. But here's my doubt :

I saw two instances where you wrote "Pokémon". In one screenshot, its written as "POKeMON", and in another, its written as " Pokemon". If you're referring to the style of writing in the FR/LG game, its "POK?MON".

Other than that, good luck!
Otherwise, Creampuff, at your service.
I ROM hack mostly FireRed and Ruby, so if you want help just ask.
My skills? Find out by asking. I only receive VMs from my friends, so if you want to chat, no problem. No matter how random you are to me, I'll still accept you as my friend.

I also like making banners, if you want one, VM/PM me. If you haven't already, be sure to visit my new hack thread!
Oh and yes, if you are a Pokemon ROM Hacker, be sure to visit The
Legacy
!

Regards,
Creampuff ~

My Hack | The Legacy | My Profile | PM me | Pokecommunity | dA

Hacks I support:
Pokemon Rose Version
Old 16th January 2012, 10:03 PM   #4
SK3
Neophyte

SK3

Thank you both! I can't take credits for the maps shown in the screenshots, my partner mapped all of those. I am the indoor mapper for this hack. And those scripting errors will be fixed when I upload the next round of screenshots!

Beta 1 will hopefully be out in February. It would've taken longer if I waited for sprites, but since I can't find a good spriter I'll just use the basic FR sprites in this beta so you guys can at least play it
Old 19th January 2012, 12:48 AM   #5
Chrunch
Neophyte

Chrunch

There are a lot of tree shading errors. Other than that, it looks good. Good luck!
Old 19th January 2012, 01:06 AM   #6
Team Fail
Balance and Ruin
Ex-StaffStyle AdminstratorPHO VIP

Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail

I assume you got the region name "Shinto" from the Japanese name for the Sinjoh Ruins in HGSS, "Shinto Ruins" (シントいせき - Shinto Iseki)?

I like the storyline, but the Day/Night System shading looks really odd, especially in this screenshot:

And I assume you'll fix that border error, no?

Thank you for your time, PHO. I won't soon forget it.
Old 19th January 2012, 01:19 AM   #7
Hopeless Masquerade
山の新人神様
Ex-Staff

Hopeless Masquerade

Yeah, I agree with Team Fail about the D/N system being off. But, that's just the way the color scheme is in DNS, so I guess hackers are stuck with it.

Anyways, the hack looks nice, save for that odd border error.
Old 19th January 2012, 02:36 AM   #8
Pia Carrot
Orange Developer
Administrator

Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot

The "shard" thing reminds me of Inuyasha. I'm watching this
Old 21st January 2012, 07:15 AM   #9
SK3
Neophyte

SK3

Thanks for the comments everyone, all errors will be fixed when the next round of screenshots are posted (border errors, DNS, etc). Would anybody be interested beta testing for me? I just need someone with a keen eye that is able to point out and help fix errors.
Old 21st January 2012, 08:27 AM   #10
Chrunch
Neophyte

Chrunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK3 View Post
Thanks for the comments everyone, all errors will be fixed when the next round of screenshots are posted (border errors, DNS, etc). Would anybody be interested beta testing for me? I just need someone with a keen eye that is able to point out and help fix errors.
I could have a go if you want.

Tags
daydream, GBA:, pok?mon, pokemon, version, white, [GBA]