PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Hacking Suite > Archived Hacks

Notices

Archived Hacks Any In Development hacks that have had no activity in at least 1.5 years are here. If a hack of yours is in here and you'd like it restored, PM a member of the Mod team.

User Tag List

Old 19th November 2014, 09:30 PM   #1
Spherical Ice
cacti

Spherical Ice
Default Pokémon Gaia

Pokémon Gaia

Gaia is a ROM Hack of Pokémon Firered BPRE in English.

Orbtus. As a region, it has a rich and varied history. Long ago, a prosperous civilisation populated its rocky landscape, and created many a monument to their gods. They are believed to have disappeared because of a series of disastrous earthquakes which destroyed their way of life, with only some of their temples and idols remaining, serving as relics of the past.

As tremors recur throughout Orbtus, a concern for the safety of its denizens increases. The Pokémon Professor, Professor Redwood, seeks out the assistance of new Pokémon Trainers with a flair for adventure. In Celanto Town, on the south coast of Orbtus, he finds exactly what he is looking for, and kick-starts the journey of two young talents. One of those young talents, of course, is you! Will you be able to uncover the mystery of the Orbtus region before the earth consumes the region again?

Features

• The Generation 4 physical / special / status split renders previously unusable Pokémon far more viable and effective, and significantly modernises the battling experience.
  • The Generation 6-styled capture-experience system means your Pokémon will gain EXP for every wild Pokémon you capture.
  • The Black 2 / White 2-styled Repel system. Upon expiration, you will be asked if you wish to use another Repel.
  • Gen. 4 - 6 Pokémon. As a varied region, Orbtus is home to Pokémon such as Drilbur, Starly, Sigilyph and many more!
  • Gen. 4 - 6 moves. While not all appear, a great deal of the newer moves, such as Sucker Punch, Draco Meteor, Moonblast, Scald, and many more, are present in the hack, with animations and proper effects.
  • Gen. 4 - 6 items. Choice Specs, Assault Vests, Dusk Stones, and more items from the newer generations are featured in the hack to deliver a more diverse and modern battling experience.
  • Gen. 4 - 6 abilities such as Mega Launcher, Magic Guard, Sheer Force, and a plethora of others are available.
  • An updated type chart is present in Gaia, meaning that Fairy-type moves and Pokémon exist, and Steel-type Pokémon no longer resist Dark- and Ghost-type moves.
  • Updated learn sets bring Pokémon to their full potential, mirroring the learn sets of their Generation 6 counterparts.
  • Updated moves make it so that moves such as Hydro Pump and Knock Off are updated to match their new effects, power and accuracy, as well as any other minor tweaks, present in the latest official games.
  • Updated sprites for both Pokémon and Trainers.
  • New items such as the Regal Stone can be found in Orbtus.
  • New moves such as the Whismur line's damaging move, Cry Out, are available in Gaia!
  • Rock Climb and climbable walls. Rock Climb will allow access to secrets and rewards!
  • Hidden Grottoes and Secret Temples hold riches, treasures and rare Pokémon in every alcove of the region!
  • Extensive decapitalisation of multiple aspects of the game, such as GUI interfaces, Pokémon names, item names, ability names, etc.
  • Minor updates and polishes, such as the player facing Trainers before battles and the ability to use the Running Shoes indoors.

Screenshots

[/CENTER]

Special thanks and credits

Tools used

Awards

• 1st Place
    PokéCommunity's Hack of the Month: June 2014

Downloads

• Gaia Beta 1.1
    Release date: 18th October, 2014
    Mirror links: dropbox | sphericalice.co
    Notes: This beta ends in Windmist City, after the second Gym battle. Please read the included text files for information on how to try and use older saves to play, as well as for important things to note, incomplete things, as well as information regarding the new Pokémon, moves, and much more.
  • Gaia Beta 1
    Release date: 27th September, 2014
    Mirror links: dropbox | sphericalice.co
    Notes: This beta ends at the three Strength boulders in Frostbite Cave. Please read the included README.txt file for information on important things to note, incomplete things, as well as information regarding the new Pokémon, moves, and much more.

Support banners

Spoiler:

Code:
[URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=326118][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/O9qm6uO.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Code:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=326118"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/LmQa4db.png[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited by Spherical Ice; 28th December 2014 at 09:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 21st November 2014, 05:42 PM   #2
Water Blue
悪魔

Water Blue

It looks awesome, but I don't have the time at the moment to play it, I will play it soon.
Likes Spherical Ice liked this post
Old 21st November 2014, 07:00 PM   #3
MrTommo999

MrTommo999

Is there a chance i can stream this?
Old 22nd November 2014, 09:30 AM   #4
Spherical Ice
cacti

Spherical Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTommo999 View Post
Is there a chance i can stream this?
Please do! I have no qualms with streaming or videos being made.
Old 22nd November 2014, 12:33 PM   #5
CrAzYoYoS

CrAzYoYoS

It looks awesome. Playing it now :P

BEHOLD PIKACHU
Likes Spherical Ice liked this post
Old 6th December 2014, 03:18 AM   #6
Manuel3593

Manuel3593
Default Question

Is this also dead?
Old 6th December 2014, 08:16 AM   #7
BlazikenXY
Pokemon Trainer and Hacker

BlazikenXY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel3593 View Post
Is this also dead?
No, its still alive

Need help:
Someone who has some skill for music hacking.
Old 6th December 2014, 10:03 AM   #8
Skabagoosh

Skabagoosh

This is looking good. Good luck!
Old 28th December 2014, 09:43 PM   #9
Spherical Ice
cacti

Spherical Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYoYoS View Post
It looks awesome. Playing it now :P
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skabagoosh View Post
This is looking good. Good luck!
Thank you!

I've edited the Pokédex to be automatically "National", whilst looking different in that only one Numerical Mode is listed. It is also changed aesthetically. Work on the storyline has also been done, with events in the Apex Temple and the new Sabulo Island.
Old 10th March 2015, 01:56 PM   #10
Ray
A human being...?

Ray

Oooh, I'm already at the cut-off point after the second gym! I can't wait to get the next Beta release! Loved the mysterious atmosphere the story has, and the way the ruins were set perfectly! Anyway, I hope to see this hack up until its final release, and giving you and the team an EPIC THUMBS UP!

When I fell apart
Yeah, something changed in my heart
As you can tell from these scars
I'm not the man that you knew before
-NateWantsToBattle, Monster Inside

Last edited by Ray; 10th March 2015 at 01:58 PM.

Tags
gaia, pokemon, [GBA]